PDA

View Full Version : Suggested feature for future software version

djarboe
12-30-2008, 11:51 AM
I recently designed two plaques, with the help of this forum, and once done I thought "duh", I should have put both on a single piece of wood (longer, of course) to save wood. My hindsight is just perfect. Sounds easy in theory, but not necessarily in practice. One feature that would help a lot would be for the software to allow the user to put in new construction lines and or points anywhere and at any angle, and allow features to be mirrored about these and/or attached to these, not just the board centerlines or edges.

Just a suggestion for the wish list. I use SolidWorks solid modeling software a lot, and the ability to insert construction lines/points for new reference datums is indispensable.

Digitalwoodshop
12-30-2008, 07:48 PM
I do things like insert Boxes in a project and size the boxes with the keypad and use them as a reference within the board. You can't do mirroring off of them but they make setup easy like lines.

AL

jcorder
12-30-2008, 08:46 PM
I recently designed two plaques, with the help of this forum, and once done I thought "duh", I should have put both on a single piece of wood (longer, of course) to save wood. My hindsight is just perfect. Sounds easy in theory, but not necessarily in practice. One feature that would help a lot would be for the software to allow the user to put in new construction lines and or points anywhere and at any angle, and allow features to be mirrored about these and/or attached to these, not just the board centerlines or edges.

Just a suggestion for the wish list. I use SolidWorks solid modeling software a lot, and the ability to insert construction lines/points for new reference datums is indispensable.

If you turn on the grid lines and set them to the width you want, that makes it much easier. You can always do a copy and paste of your design to put it on the other end of your board.

good luck
Jeff