Any suggestions on this roller issue? Tks

rhmakoto
12-29-2008, 06:23 PM
Any suggestions on this roller issue? Tks

Kenm810
12-29-2008, 06:48 PM
I haven't had a 204 error myself,
but this post may help you.
http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...ht=back+roller (http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=6826&highlight=back+roller)

DocWheeler
12-29-2008, 06:51 PM
rhmakoto,

I'm not sure about the error number, but if it is about the roller staying compressed (where it does not measure correctly) then the common cause is sawdust getting in the "frame" where the roller-ends are housed. This keeps the rollers from descending and letting the switch open.

Perhaps the best way to get the dust out is to take the keypad side off (maybe both sides if necessary), compress the rollers further, and blow out those areas with some compressed air.

Since the switches are on the keypad side and most of the dust seems to go to that back roller area, just doing the one side often solves the problem.

signman9999
12-29-2008, 06:58 PM
One of the problems when I got this was that the back roller was staying compressed and not releasing. After that problem I had a board sensor go out. That machine is currently down for a power supply card so I do not know if it is fixed or not. Sorry I could not help you any more on that aspect.

rhmakoto
12-29-2008, 07:16 PM
Thanks for the response, I will try that and see what happens. Hope it works thanks again for you assistance. Ray
rhmakoto,

I'm not sure about the error number, but if it is about the roller staying compressed (where it does not measure correctly) then the common cause is sawdust getting in the "frame" where the roller-ends are housed. This keeps the rollers from descending and letting the switch open.

Perhaps the best way to get the dust out is to take the keypad side off (maybe both sides if necessary), compress the rollers further, and blow out those areas with some compressed air.

Since the switches are on the keypad side and most of the dust seems to go to that back roller area, just doing the one side often solves the problem.

rhmakoto
12-29-2008, 09:34 PM
Back to work again. Thanks to Doc Wheels - a good cleaning and blowing out did the trick. Had to stop due to my cable smoking. Ray

Amonaug
12-29-2008, 11:24 PM
Back to work again. Thanks to Doc Wheels - a good cleaning and blowing out did the trick. Had to stop due to my cable smoking. Ray

Cable smoking?! You mean the flexshaft that turns the bit? Make sure you lube the shaft before using it or you will melt it and have to shell out $75.00, it's not covered under warranty.