PDA

View Full Version : Editing JPEG (dimples on edges of carving)

cseidler
12-29-2008, 02:59 PM
Hello! When uploading JPEG files for a pattern, "dimples" are carved on the outside edges of the carvings (which is getting rather expensive). I do not have Pattern Editor ($199), and am hopeful there's an option, such as utilizing Microsoft Word. Any instructions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

fwharris
12-29-2008, 03:17 PM
cseidler,

The best format for importing pictures is .png file types. You should do a "save as" and select .png. What you are getting is noise or junk on the outer edges of your pictures. If you do not patter editor you will need to clean up the edges in your photo editing software.

cnsranch
12-29-2008, 03:21 PM
This can happen in Editor as well -

If there is just one pixel left outside the pic, it will show up as a "dimple", or a large carved area in your project (looks like someone drilled a pointed hole in the board).

Make sure your jpeg is cleaned up before importing it.

FiddlemakerMills
12-29-2008, 04:35 PM
Use the Microsoft Digital Image Standard. Go to Start, all programs MS digital image standard L click opens the program it is a reduced capicity of PS-2. Once it starts open the file you want to edit. Use the pick box tool and draw a rectangle along each side of the photo one at a time, Left click on Edit, slect deleat. This will remove the area in the pick box.:cool:

ruggybear
12-29-2008, 06:01 PM
Where did this come from? Not on my computer. Must be part of some other software package.

FiddlemakerMills
12-29-2008, 06:12 PM
Where did this come from? Not on my computer. Must be part of some other software package.

I have MS works 2006. It was one of the add ons that came with the package. It is also in MS works 2003.

jeff412
12-31-2008, 02:13 PM
The problem with JPEG's is that every time you save the file, noise is introduced. You can spend hours deleting errant pixels only to save the file and they return.(I know I've learned the hard way) You need to save the image in an uncompressed format then import it into designer.

Jeff