PDA

View Full Version : The card in the CW Machine.

jonm3
12-29-2008, 09:25 AM
Anyone noticed that it's hard to pull out the card from the machine, or is it me? How would you get it out when you want to use it on your computer?

MikeMcCoy
12-29-2008, 09:28 AM
Put some duct tape overlapped on the end that sticks out and leave enough excess to use the tape to pull out the card.

atauer
12-29-2008, 09:40 AM
Put some duct tape overlapped on the end that sticks out and leave enough excess to use the tape to pull out the card.

Mike,

That is actually the best solution that I have seen. Some members/users have talked about issues removing the card from the machine and it is being looked into. The duct tape tab is probably your best bet. Whatever you do, do not try using pliers or vice grips to remove it. Card could definitely get damaged that way.

jonm3
12-29-2008, 09:47 AM
Ok, that was what I was thinking about doing, but was not sure. I am on my second carving, one for my dad. I am out in my shop, my new laptop could not pick up the signal from my internet, but my older laptop can, go figure. LoL.

I am doing a picture. Going to see how it comes out.

FiddlemakerMills
12-29-2008, 10:00 AM
Make sure that you blow the dust out of the card slot when cleaning the machine. I make sure the slot is clean each time before I insert the card. So far I have had no problems with it.

jonm3
12-29-2008, 10:12 AM
I think I am going to make that a daily or after each use, then there will not be a sawdust build up.

MikeMcCoy
12-29-2008, 10:58 AM
Mike,

That is actually the best solution that I have seen.

That was the same reaction I had when I first read that on this forum ;) but I don't recall who posted it to give credit.

Kenm810
12-29-2008, 11:38 AM
I think the first time I saw the tape being used on a Memory Card
was in a photo of one of Al's machines in April 2007

Amonaug
12-29-2008, 12:47 PM
I'd leave the card IN the slot when cleaning the machine. That way no dust can get into it.

Digitalwoodshop
12-29-2008, 02:23 PM
And I got the Tape Tip from one of the Beta users. Be careful blowing air around the card slot. With the card removed the pins are exposed from the computer and could collect chips. I always clean the machine with a card installed.

AL

jonm3
12-29-2008, 03:32 PM
Thanks, I did find tape that you use to seal boxes, but with the strings in it. I think that will help to get it out. I will see when my one project is done.