PDA

View Full Version : Harley Eagle PTN

lobo6935
12-28-2008, 08:18 PM
I am new to the carvewright forums. I have been looking for the classic Harley Davidson logo that has the Eagle with it wings spread over the top. I am building a bar for a friend and would like to decorate the panels.

Thanks

Craig

jcorder
12-28-2008, 10:01 PM
I am new to the carvewright forums. I have been looking for the classic Harley Davidson logo that has the Eagle with it wings spread over the top. I am building a bar for a friend and would like to decorate the panels.

Thanks

Craig

This is the only link I can find to Harley Davidson on the forum. I am not sure if this is what you are looking for.

Good luck
Jeff
http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?p=66559&highlight=harley+davidson#post66559

bjbethke
12-29-2008, 02:35 AM

Thanks

Craig
This one work?

lobo6935
12-31-2008, 12:20 AM
BJBETHKE

That is perfect. Thanks a bunch. Now to spend some quality time in the shop.

Thank you

Craig

bjbethke
12-31-2008, 07:37 AM
BJBETHKE

That is perfect. Thanks a bunch. Now to spend some quality time in the shop.

Thank you

Craig
Your welcome, That PTN was made from a vector image. In the vector format you can pull the image apart, and put it back together the way you want it to be. I found three programs that work great for that function, Corel, Illustrator and Xara3d, they all work great to make patterns for the CW Designer program and you can export the image in the .png format. All you need to do is use the group and ungroup function. Works better than trying to make patterns from JPEG files.

Not sure if Harley-Davidson would like there LOGO's modified.

ChrisAlb
12-31-2008, 08:42 AM
Here's a quick 15 minute attempt. With more time it could be nicer.

jcorder
12-31-2008, 05:49 PM
I came up with this just playin around

pine acres woodshop
12-31-2008, 06:25 PM
JCorder nicely done. I have a Road King Classic and I've tried many times to come up with a good carve, but no luck, that touring bike didn't come out to bad.
Mark

jcorder
12-31-2008, 06:39 PM
JCorder nicely done. I have a Road King Classic and I've tried many times to come up with a good carve, but no luck, that touring bike didn't come out to bad.
Mark

I carved the bike in poplar wood last night and it turned really good. I have not carved this pattern, not sure how well it will carve. Have fun with it.

Jeff

myairplane
02-01-2009, 09:19 AM
In the bar & shield it says "Clothes" rather than "Cycles".. How can I edit this pattern to put the appropriate artwork in it?

I bougth the probe lastnight at Lowes can activated the Pattern Editor, but when I try to edit anything in it that I downloaded, I get a message sayign I'm not licensed to edit that pattern, only on work I create.. :(

Dennis

ChrisAlb
02-01-2009, 11:09 AM
Dennis,

I put "Cycles" in the one I did in post #6 in this thread. Hope that helps.

Jeff,

I did that Toring bike pattern for my Ultra Classic a long time ago. I never finished it like I wanted to so I didn't carve it. I'm glad to hear it came out decent.

jcorder
02-01-2009, 11:29 AM
It did great Chris. I gave it to a friend of mine with a Harley and he loved it!

Thanks
Jeff