PDA

View Full Version : New Machine

racer
12-28-2008, 07:02 PM
Just a quick note have had my machine for 3 weeks and have 26 hrs the machine is just great . The only thing i have a problem with is some times its hard to get the cutter out . i clean and oil the collet each time i use it.
Thanks for a great Machine. John

mtylerfl
12-28-2008, 07:15 PM
Just a quick note have had my machine for 3 weeks and have 26 hrs the machine is just great . The only thing i have a problem with is some times its hard to get the cutter out . i clean and oil the collet each time i use it.
Thanks for a great Machine. John

Hello John and Welcome!

The bits can get lodged in a little tight if there is any sawdust build-up inside the chuck. "Scrubbing" with a toothbrush and picking out any "packed" dust with a wooden toothpick will help. I do that between bit changes while running a project and again, after the project is complete. (I also use a mirror and a flashlight so I can see what I'm doing!)

Let us know if you need any help. Plenty of folks here to offer suggestions and solutions. Also, the Search feature is handy to find answers - almost everything has been asked/answered already.

All the Best!

jcorder
12-28-2008, 10:04 PM
Also, if the bit is really hard to remove, just tap on the collet with the rubber handle on the bit removal tool and it will loosen the bit.

Good luck
Jeff