PDA

View Full Version : Mom's Fiddle Box

fwharris
12-28-2008, 10:40 AM
Made this for my Mom's Christmas present. Done with 1/2" cherry (5.25" molding from a local mill shop), stained with cheery and several coats of clear lacquer spray. Pattern is Fiddlemakermills.

Mom has played the fiddle since early childhood and has her grandfathers and fathers plus her own fiddle. They had their own family (and friends) country western band that entertained for the local folks. Very little money, just a lot of good foot stomping fun!

RayTrek
12-28-2008, 10:57 AM
Very nice indeed. love working with cheery woods
Thanks for sharing your beautiful gift to your beautiful Mom.
Ray

FiddlemakerMills
12-28-2008, 11:01 AM
That is pretty neat. Fw

Thanks

Carl

Ike
12-28-2008, 02:21 PM
Made this for my Mom's Christmas present. Done with 1/2" cheery (5.25" molding from a local mill shop), stained with cheery and several coats of clear lacquer spray. Pattern is Fiddlemakermills.

Mom has played the fiddle since early childhood and has her grandfathers and fathers plus her own fiddle. They had their own family (and friends) country western band that entertained for the local folks. Very little money, just a lot of good foot stomping fun!

WOW I am in awe with all of the talented members. Just one thing FW, where can I get cheery wood!!!

Ike

fwharris
12-28-2008, 02:29 PM
Ike,

Thanks for the AWE buddy!

For the cheery (cherry):roll::p wood it is hard to find isn't it! Got me on that one!!