PDA

View Full Version : Paper Towel Holder

RayTrek
12-28-2008, 10:38 AM
Hello every one
Hope all is well for you threw the holidays
We lost power here for a few days and did not get to post these pics until now
The towel holder is for my Mom see does not like hanging things on the wall and she loves angles so I came up with this.
The ornaments are something I started last year for friends they are dated so each Christmas the get some thing for the tree
The last I did for my loveing wife.
Good day to all and may the rest of this year be good to you.
Ray

Digitalwoodshop
12-28-2008, 12:13 PM
I really like the Christmas ornaments.... WOW painted...... Puts my attempts to shame.....

Good Job !!!!

AL

fwharris
12-28-2008, 12:21 PM
Ray,

Great job on all of them! Bet it took a while to get all of the Santa's painted up, they sure stand out! I am going to need to start doing next Christmas stuff now, little at a time, to make sure I am ready.
Thanks for sharing!

mtylerfl
12-28-2008, 12:29 PM
Hello every one
Hope all is well for you threw the holidays
We lost power here for a few days and did not get to post these pics until now
The towel holder is for my Mom see does not like hanging things on the wall and she loves angles so I came up with this.
The ornaments are something I started last year for friends they are dated so each Christmas the get some thing for the tree
The last I did for my loveing wife.
Good day to all and may the rest of this year be good to you.
Ray

Ray,

I wish you lived next door to me! Awesome work and I love how you creatively add your own personal touch to your projects.

Question - how did you create the center dowel for the paper towel holder? Do you own a lathe?

Kenm810
12-28-2008, 12:43 PM
Ray,

Over the Top Projects,
Well Done Again
Great photos Too! http://forum.carvewright.com/images/smilies/icon_biggrin.gifhttp://forum.carvewright.com/images/icons/icon14.gif

Eagle Hollow
12-28-2008, 01:44 PM
A whole bunch of really nice stuff. Thanks for the pics.

DocWheeler
12-28-2008, 01:50 PM
Ray,

Very nice.

It is posts like that that make me reluctant to post my projects!

RayTrek
12-28-2008, 02:44 PM
The best Christmas present of all is to have some one enjoy the efforts put into my projects
Thank you very much
Michael, I had a dowel laying around the shop and also found a old drawer knob
I cut the end off a screw and attached the two pieces together and sanded the knob base on the belt sander to conform to the dowel. And I to would love living next door to you
Ken please post your projects I for one love every thing I see here and have enjoyed every thing you have posted in the past.
Well I am off to Washington for some Christmas Cheer with Mom and family
Cheers
Ray Ver.1.131

supershingler
12-28-2008, 06:01 PM
micheal t

if you want a large diameter dowel like a one in for instance you can make one on your routertable
cut a board 1" square and make it 7" longer that your dowel length need to be
chuck in a 1/2" roundover bit and set to the proper depth and leave about three inches of square on each end. run her through on all four sides, cut the square ends off( or leave and inch on one end to make a knob) and yo u have a 1in dowel with a knob attached

dependig on the length of your dowel you may have to clamp a 1 x 4 twice the length of your square to make sure you have support the full length

kendall

BBrooks
12-28-2008, 06:44 PM
incredible work Ray! I am constantly impressed by folks here by their creativity and sharing of knowledge. Well done.

mtylerfl
12-28-2008, 07:17 PM
micheal t

if you want a large diameter dowel like a one in for instance you can make one on your routertable
cut a board 1" square and make it 7" longer that your dowel length need to be
chuck in a 1/2" roundover bit and set to the proper depth and leave about three inches of square on each end. run her through on all four sides, cut the square ends off( or leave and inch on one end to make a knob) and yo u have a 1in dowel with a knob attached

dependig on the length of your dowel you may have to clamp a 1 x 4 twice the length of your square to make sure you have support the full length

kendall

Thanks for the great tip, Kendall. I'll have to try that sometime!

www.go3d.us
12-28-2008, 08:33 PM
Great paint job!

AWoodsmith
12-29-2008, 12:39 AM
Great projects, well done indeed.. Nice paint job too..