PDA

View Full Version : Copy offset

Michael Anthony
12-27-2008, 06:12 PM
Can someone help me find the copy offset dialog box, the current instructions call for looking in the layout menu,or tool bar cant find it in either of those, another possible location is the context menu? cannot find anything that says context menu:confused::

pine acres woodshop
12-27-2008, 06:45 PM
Your not the bass player in VH are you? In answer to your question I don't think the copy offset is available anymore.
Mark

jcorder
12-27-2008, 06:48 PM
Can someone help me find the copy offset dialog box, the current instructions call for looking in the layout menu,or tool bar cant find it in either of those, another possible location is the context menu? cannot find anything that says context menu:confused::

If you search "copy offset" you will find lots of threads on it. The most recent one that I read said it was only in the beta version of the software, but they had not updated the help files to delete it.

Good luck
Jeff

AskBud
12-27-2008, 06:51 PM
Like you, I see the description in the HELP File, but no Icon anywhere. Perhaps it is to come (or was in an earlier version).
HELP: Copy Offset
The Copy Offset feature provides a means to make multiple symmetric copies of a figure or carving on the board. The copies are symmetric in that changes to any one of the figures will be reflected in all of them. To perform a copy offset, select a figure on the board, then select Copy Offset from the Layout menu, tool bar, or the context menu. The Copy Offset dialog will appear. Copy Offset Dialog [PICTURE HERE]
The Copy Offset dialog allows you to make any number of horizontal and/or vertical copies of the figure, with or without spacing between them or an indent for each subsequent vertical row. The "Reverse" options cause the new figures to be created above (Vertically) or to the left (Horizontally) of the original, as opposed to the default of below or to the right. The "Alternating" option applies the indent to alternating rows for a checkerboard effect. The preview pane at the right shows a green rectangle to represent the original figure being copied, and yellow rectangles to represent the placement of the new figures.
When the preview looks reasonable, click OK and the copies will be made. A change to any of the figures will result in an equivalent change to the others. Any of the copies may be individually deleted from the board as desired, but deleting the original master figure will cause all of its copies to be deleted as well.

AskBud

Michael Anthony
12-27-2008, 06:53 PM
Mark: thanks fro the quick reply, no not related to the bass player

Jeff thanks for the heads up I will try that

Michael Anthony
12-27-2008, 06:57 PM
Thanks for the reply, like you I couldnt find the icon, still trying will do a search as Jeff suggested Thanks guys!!

jcorder
12-27-2008, 07:01 PM
Thanks for the reply, like you I couldnt find the icon, still trying will do a search as Jeff suggested Thanks guys!!

be sure to add the " " marks around the search phrase. "copy offset"

Jeff

Kenm810
12-27-2008, 07:54 PM
This is what it Looked Like
in an earlier Version of Designer

pkunk
12-27-2008, 08:18 PM
Copy offset is/has been only available to us Beta testers. I hear that it will be incorporated in the advanced version of the software when it is released. It is a very valuable addition to the software. I use it frequently to have my CW drill shelf pin holes in my upper cabinet sides.

Michael Anthony
12-27-2008, 09:34 PM
I guess I can stop my search now, I have the 1.131 version of the software and although the help section says I have this tool I really dont???

Dan-Woodman
12-27-2008, 09:38 PM
PK is correct, and the icon is under "layout" in the menu at the top. I use it too for adjustable shelf holes and I just used it yesterday for the dentil molding grill for my dishwasher. Very useful.
later Daniel

liquidguitars
12-27-2008, 11:37 PM
I guess I can stop my search now, I have the 1.131 version of the software and although the help section says I have this tool I really dont???

That's right it's was removed over a year ago, so do not look for it in 1.131 at all. It was a cool tool to use.

LG

ChrisAlb
12-28-2008, 06:02 AM
Funny thing is, being an AutoCad user for so many years, an "offset or array" function was one of the first things I looked for when I first started using Designer. That was version 1.125. I too saw it in the help and figured either they forgot it or it was planned to be added. Now I find out they had it, but "removed" it.....LOL Too bad.

This isn't as streamlined but as a workaround, it works pretty well. I'll use copy & paste along with the grid and snap. When I have many of the same objects at even spaces needed, I'll make like 4 of them, copy & paste the 4 so now I have 8, copy and paste the 8 so now it's 16 and so on. With the grid and snap in use, it makes pretty quick work of dragging each pasted group and aligning them right.