PDA

View Full Version : Update link on Apple Mac Powerbook

Wayne Weimer
12-26-2008, 04:40 PM
Attempting to Update with the CarveWright software Update menu selection results in Apple mail being run, not Safari with the Internet link CarveWright website Update page. This may be a Mac problem, but it's beyond my knowledge to fix. Can anyone help, or provide me with the http://www.carvewright.com/????? link?

Thanks

SeaCapt97
12-26-2008, 05:00 PM
Hi Wayne,

I'm not totally sure I understand your question but I do have a suggestion. I'm using a Mac G4 without any problems. What I find works with most e-mail links is to open your web browser first. before you click on the link. Same thing when you update from the CarveWright program. I updated from 1.126 to 1.131 with no problems. Opening your browser first is especially important if you use an aftermarket browser. I changed to Firefox when I got fed up with Explorer problems. Never bothered to try Safari as Firefox is working fine and I've gotten comfortable with its screens and menus. Firefox is a free download if you're interested. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need more help.

Bill

Wayne Weimer
12-27-2008, 10:21 PM
Thank you all for your suggestions. As it turned out, the way that the "default" application to run for a particular application's "call" is within the Preferences for that called program. I'm just getting familiar with the Mac and OS X and finally figured out that within Safari's preferences is an option for which program to run when a ".webloc" (like a shortcut) file is run. I found the "Mail" program was selected when it should have been "Safari". After I made that change I had the normal Update function which starts Safari on the CarveWright website.

Thanks again for your suggestions.