PDA

View Full Version : Update link on Apple Mac Powerbook

Wayne Weimer
12-26-2008, 02:44 PM
Attempting to Update with the CarveWright software Update menu selection results in Apple mail being run, not Safari with the Internet link CarveWright website Update page. This may be a Mac problem, but it's beyond my knowledge to fix. Can anyone help, or provide me with the http://www.carvewright.com/????? link?

Thanks

SeaCapt97
12-26-2008, 05:17 PM
Hi Wayne,

I'm using Mac G4 with no problems. One thing I find works well is open your browser before you click on an e-mail link. Especially when you use an aftermarket browser. I started using Firefox when Explorer got hinky. Never bothered using the new Safari because I was comfortable with Firefox screens and menus. I did the same thing when I updated from 1.126 to 1.131 open your browser first and then use the Carvewright application help menu for updates. Hope this helps.

Bill

pkunk
12-26-2008, 06:37 PM
Use the Designer (CW) 'Check for update' under the 'Help' in the title bar. Have your browser open. It will open in a new window or tab.

DigitalMatt
12-27-2008, 11:44 AM
Hi Wayne,

I'm running mac osx 10.5.6 and using the help menu in CW designer software is the preferred way of updating your software. As Pkunk writes, having your browser open is beneficial. In addition, if you use multiple browsers, make sure that the one you have open is the one you have defined as being the default browser for your system. For instance, if you opened Firefox but have Safari defined as your default browser, when you click on the update link, Safari will open even though Firefox is running.

You also asked for the download link - it is here (http://www.carvewright.com/downloads/designer_1_131.dmg).

That link will take you to the carvewright download page and start a download of the Designer software package version 1.131

Hope this helps,

Wayne Weimer
12-27-2008, 10:22 PM
Thank you all for your suggestions. As it turned out, the way that the "default" application to run for a particular application's "call" is within the Preferences for that called program. I'm just getting familiar with the Mac and OS X and finally figured out that within Safari's preferences is an option for which program to run when a ".webloc" (like a shortcut) file is run. I found the "Mail" program was selected when it should have been "Safari". After I made that change I had the normal Update function which starts Safari on the CarveWright website.

Thanks again for your suggestions.