PDA

View Full Version : How to flip a group?

Rocky
12-24-2008, 07:05 AM
I can flip one line or curve horizontally and vertically, but I can't flip a group of lines/curves. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks,

mtylerfl
12-24-2008, 10:04 AM
I can flip one line or curve horizontally and vertically, but I can't flip a group of lines/curves. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks,

No, currently there is not. You could try using the "Make Pattern" feature. After a pattern is made, you can flip, rotate, mirror - whatever you want.

Rocky
12-24-2008, 10:53 AM
No, currently there is not. You could try using the "Make Pattern" feature. After a pattern is made, you can flip, rotate, mirror - whatever you want.

Thanks. Earlier I tried to make a pattern by selecting the group but I got an error message saying that I was trying to make a pattern out of non-pattern objects; not sure what that means.

Happy Holidays!

atauer
12-24-2008, 10:55 AM
If you have any vector items in the group, such as Centerline text, line segments, etc., you will receive that message.

Rocky
12-24-2008, 11:00 AM
If you have any vector items in the group, such as Centerline text, line segments, etc., you will receive that message.

Thanks. I do have some of those items. Oh well, so much for making a pattern.

Happy Holidays!

mtylerfl
12-24-2008, 11:21 AM
Sorry Rocky,

Yep - lines have to be connected (making a shape) then the shape has to be made into a Carve Region (0 depth to whatever) before lines/curves can be made into patterns.