PDA

View Full Version : Merging patterns with feathering or edge rout???

wgrigsby
12-24-2008, 06:31 AM
I was looking in the finished prodjets area at the cigar box and was wondering how the paterns where placed on what looked like either the feathered region on the side piece or the edge rout of a bottom board. I've tried to reproduce the same thing but can not. I'm confused. I can't merge on a feathered surface or an edge rout and can't think of another way to do it! Any sugesstions?

HighTechOkie
12-24-2008, 08:44 AM
That is done by creating a domed surface first. Draw a rectangle the length of one side. Next to Carve Region is the Select Surface button, click that. Click on the + next to Domes. Choose either Bottom Dome or Top Dome and hit OK. Play with depth and height to match the surrounding surfaces and to create the desired effect. You can then place your patterns on top of surface. From the Carving menu choose Merge Style and select Merge Additive.

Rob

wgrigsby
12-25-2008, 03:29 PM
Hi

Some pictures may help explain what I'm trying to do and where at on the piece. well I could only get one to upload, maybe it will help. As you can see I've been able to do merges in other places but not on the feathering. I have the same problem on an edge rout.

Thanks & Merry Xmas

Amonaug
12-25-2008, 03:36 PM
Hi

Some pictures may help explain what I'm trying to do and where at on the piece. well I could only get one to upload, maybe it will help. As you can see I've been able to do merges in other places but not on the feathering. I have the same problem on an edge rout.

Thanks & Merry Xmas

http://store.carvewright.com/home.php?cat=261

Go down to the bottom of the page and click "Try" button on the neo-classical box. This will download the .mpc and you can look at it and disect it to see how it was done. You can't upload to the card until you actually purchase it but you can at least see how it was put together.

wgrigsby
12-26-2008, 06:28 AM
Hey thanks Kevin for the suggestion to "try" maybe I can pick it apart and learn something to use on my own project.