PDA

View Full Version : How Can I?

James RS
12-21-2008, 12:09 PM
Ok here's what am trying to do, I made a few designs I would like to transfer to one larger board. The problem I open a new project, set the new board length etc I copy the other projects and paste them. But they paste over each other and when I try and select them to move them over they won't move. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jim

DocWheeler
12-21-2008, 12:25 PM
James,

You will have to remove your current Attachments and Centers on the mpcs so that they can be moved.

I think that that is what you want to do - I missed what a question really was a few times.

wgrigsby
12-21-2008, 12:36 PM
Hi Jim

I think Centering your first desins, most likely in both directions is the problem. I've done this before then tried to copy & paste it would paste right over the origional and could'd be moved. Hope this helps in some way, good luck.:)

James RS
12-21-2008, 01:21 PM
Thanks guys, it was the centering, the problem was I was selecting the whole group and it didn't show up on the centering. I had to select the individual items and deselect the centering thenall the items., all set now.

Thanks You

Jim

Digitalwoodshop
12-21-2008, 01:49 PM
I know how you feel.... I renamed a project last year and went to carve the new project and it was asking for the Carving Bit when I only had V Text on the project.... Turned out the recycled project had a carve region on the back that I forgot about.... Missed the screen warning, back of board.... That is why it wanted the carving bit.

Asked here and posted the .mpc and got a quick answer and I was on my way.... This is a great place.

AL