PDA

View Full Version : text going on board smaller then i want it to

rcwood
12-21-2008, 08:16 AM
hello please some one help with this i place the text on the board and it comes out smaller then what it is suppose to if some one can tell me how to fix it please let me know thank you

Kenm810
12-21-2008, 09:57 AM
Did you add 3.5" to each end of your project (7"or more total)
If not your machine can't kept the board under the Pressure Rollers,
and will re-size your pattern or text to fit the project board minus 7"

rcwood
12-21-2008, 10:08 AM
ken thanks first of all i have so many projects trying to do and i can not get this machine to work i need help ive run cnc machines before but this is the first one to confuse me so much please help

Kenm810
12-21-2008, 10:21 AM
I know what you mean, I never even seen a cnc machine up close before,
I down loaded and read the Owners Manual twice before my machine even arrived.
Spend as much time as you can reading this Forum and using it search option, you'll fine tons of Info.
and the answers to the problems other folks have had and how to solve them.
Also down load and read all the Tips and Tricks files, their all great (how to) guides.

http://www.carvewright.com/cms/tips-and-tricks

Here's some help files from (ASK BUD) a fellow forum member and Carver http://www2.wcoil.com/~nharbison/cw-...0downloads.htm (http://www2.wcoil.com/~nharbison/cw-askbud%20downloads.htm)

Here a part of page 28 from the Owners Manual

rcwood
12-21-2008, 12:09 PM
ken if you would or could if it is possible for me to call you i would be great full my e-mail is rogerdodger328@yahoo.com thank you if you can

Digitalwoodshop
12-21-2008, 01:41 PM
Two things can cause the text or the artwork to carve smaller than expected.

If your board is measured in width and gives you a message that the board is too narrow and you select "Place on Corner or Scale to Fit" then it will make the artwork smaller to fit your smaller board.

If your board is not 7 inches longer in real life than in designer and it asks you the question "Stay Under Rollers" and you say YES then it will use all 7 inches of your board to stay under the rollers and place your project in the smaller remaining area.

If you can measure 3.5 inches from the artwork to either edge of the board then this is what has happened.

If you had a short board and when it asked you to stay under the rollers and you say NO then it might make a full size pattern or artwork. The only problem is with the board being held by only one roller it could TIP UP and leave a line from left to right in your artwork or JAM the BIT and get a Y or Z Stall.

This all falls under "Pilot Error" and reading and understanding the TIPS and Tricks will help.
Not knowing your machine is the leading cause of the faults like this. We have all been there.

AL

rcwood
12-21-2008, 03:00 PM
thanks to the info one project completed :) next project on its way thank you so much have a great day

Digitalwoodshop
12-21-2008, 03:37 PM
Another happy Carver....

Waiting on the next Cracker in the water.... (We all rush to answer like fish to a cracker...)

AL