PDA

View Full Version : Confused Centerline purchaser

Rick P
12-20-2008, 08:09 PM
I ordered Centerline and got the email with the serial number.
But, the email asks for my customer account number user name and password.
I have a Store user name/password and a Forum user name/password...but, what is a customer account? I plan to call CW on Monday for help, but if anyone can offer any help that would be great.

jcorder
12-20-2008, 08:19 PM
It has been a long time since I registered mine, but try opening your designer and click on help in the top bar. Then click on update licenses and see if that helps. Perhaps someone will have more information, but that is a place to start.

Good luck
Jeff

Deolman
12-20-2008, 09:34 PM
When I finally ordered my Centerline package, I registered it with the same username/password I sign on to the forum with or purchase patterns with. I believe you have to use all lowercase to do it.

dunnepet
12-22-2008, 05:31 AM
I've just moved my workshop two miles from home. I've installed another PC
for use with the CW machine. I cannot download to the memory card as I don't have the Activation Code. Where can I get it. I can't get a response from CW

ChrisAlb
12-22-2008, 07:37 AM
I've just moved my workshop two miles from home. I've installed another PC
for use with the CW machine. I cannot download to the memory card as I don't have the Activation Code. Where can I get it. I can't get a response from CW

Well, their not open yet if by response you meant you were trying to call them. But assuming your new PC is connected to the Internet, all you should have to do is go to Designer's help menu and click manage licenses then update licenses and follow the prompts.

Jeff_Birt
12-22-2008, 08:03 AM
Well, their not open yet if by response you meant you were trying to call them. But assuming your new PC is connected to the Internet, all you should have to do is go to Designer's help menu and click manage licenses then update licenses and follow the prompts.

That might not work from Ireland:) CW has not been shipping machines abroad so it is a bit unusual to have one on the emerald isle. You may have to give them a call to get it sorted.

ChrisAlb
12-22-2008, 08:39 AM
WOW! I didn't even see that it was in Ireland. But the Internet is the Internet no? If he can post on the forum, Why wouldn't he be able to connect to the server?

Or is it and overseas licensing thing? :confused: Just curious.

Grampy122
12-22-2008, 09:40 AM
Rick I just went through this. The instructions they sent do not work. You have to go to www.carvewright.com and on the support tab click on software registration. Log into the site. Top left there is a place to enter the Serial number they sent you. Click on Activate New. Then down the left side it should show Centerline under Features. There is a little circle before the Add License. Click on the circle. Now you should be able to bring up Designer and add Centerline.

Kenm810
12-22-2008, 10:03 AM
I just transferred my licenses and files from my old Shop PC to my New one, 30 Minute ago.
If you still have problems or need help call LHR, at 1-713 473-6572 Option 3 for Software,
and they’ll be pleased to talk you the process. It takes about 5 Minutes

dunnepet
12-22-2008, 02:21 PM
Thanks everyone. You have all been very helpful. My problem is I don't want to transfer the license, I want to be able to operate from two PC's.

Regards,
Peter.
PS. The weather is beautiful here at the moment.

cnsranch
12-22-2008, 02:23 PM
Peter, CW allows all software you purchase to be run from two computers - it's done all the time.