PDA

View Full Version : Deal and a Warning

FiddlemakerMills
12-20-2008, 02:40 PM
Today My wife picked up the Quickrout(tm) # 26691 From Sears.

The QC that comes with the kit will not work on the CC and CW machines. It seems that Sears has redesigned the mounting of the QC to work with their 1/4" router.

Supplied with the Kit;

1 QC for a hand held router
4 Bit 1/4" adaptors ( also come in 1/2" )
1 Wrench
1 Allen wrench

Limited instructions, one short paragraph describing the care and maint. of the QC.

In comparison the Quickrout QC matches the CC/CW QC with the exception of the mounting for the spindle. The adaptors are an exact match that are supplied with the CC/CW by Carvewright.

The sale cost was 29.99 for the Kit. (tax not included)
This was a deal just for the bit adaptors.

I used a digital micrometer for compairson.

Warning The QC will not work with the CC/CW machines.

My wife picked these up for me on Christmass, altough both were packaged as 1/4" adaptors, one package turned out to be 1/2" adaptors.
Don't trust the sales people to have the correct answers.

Merry Christmass Everyone.

Carl

Digitalwoodshop
12-20-2008, 03:02 PM
This is a known fact and has been posted for months.

http://forum.carvewright.com/search.php?searchid=466679

AL

FiddlemakerMills
12-20-2008, 03:13 PM
This is a known fact and has been posted for months.

http://forum.carvewright.com/search.php?searchid=466679

AL

I should have went with her to get my chistmass gift. I read about that some time ago and at least I was able to do a compairsion.

Thanks Al

Carl

Dan-Woodman
12-20-2008, 09:48 PM
Carl
LHR origanally started out by selling QC and adapters to fit handheld routers. It states on the package either " for older router " or "for newer routers" , nothing about CC or CW computer controlled carving machines. However the adapters will work.enjoy and let the sawdust fly.
later Daniel

FiddlemakerMills
12-20-2008, 09:55 PM
Carl
LHR origanally started out by selling QC and adapters to fit handheld routers. It states on the package either " for older router " or "for newer routers" , nothing about CC or CW computer controlled carving machines. However the adapters will work.enjoy and let the sawdust fly.
later Daniel

Thanks Dan

All I had asked the wife for was the adaptors. I was suprised when she brought in the kits with the chucks. Curisity won out and I had to check them. At least I have 4 1/4" and 4 1/2" adaptors to add to the collection:mrgreen:

Dan-Woodman
12-20-2008, 10:07 PM
Carl
You wouldn't happen to know the diameter and threads per inch of that sears QC would you. I would like to try making a new spindal for the CW that would use the sears QC since I have a few extra.
later Daniel

FiddlemakerMills
12-20-2008, 10:24 PM
Back

The diameter of the threaded area is 0.7490
with 20 TPI.
the bore is 0.4735

This help any?

Dan-Woodman
12-20-2008, 10:31 PM
Thanks Carl for the info
Going to be cold here tommorrow 6 deg. falling to -8 sunday night.
later Daniel

FiddlemakerMills
12-20-2008, 10:34 PM
Its already cold here -4 when I went to the shop and its snowing on top of Ice.:(