PDA

View Full Version : New Level of Frustration

AWoodsmith
12-19-2008, 04:09 PM
Well guys I have reached a boiling point. I have had nothing but trouble with this machine and I am t the point of throwing in the towel. I got the machine and I cannot even remember exactly when and I have had lots of issues. The very first day I used it the belts torn. Had to wait a week, got new belts and installed. Had several issues with the sensors got them worked out. Now two weeks ago I pay $158.00 to ship my machine back to LHR and then back to me. The tie rod on the bottom of the machine that allows the head to move up and down was not working. Turns out that the screw housing holding the screw to secure the tie rod was broken. I also had a screw in the handle that for what ever reason was locked in and got stripped. So I send off the machine for repair and not too happy about the shipping. Well, I get a call saying that my best was torn and I needed to pay another $16.50 for the new belts or they were not going to replace them. I told them that the belt was not torn when I sent it in so why should I pay for it. The lady told me either pay for it or you will not get the new belts. So I paid the money and they sent my machine back. I got the machine back and it was full of saw dust, I sure did not send it in that way. I hooked it up and started some projects. I noticed that it still did not crank down correctly so I looked at the crank on the keypad side and it was loaded with grease and now saw dust. I cleaned it and it was working better. At one point I could not get the crank to click at all like it is supposed to. Then I noticed when the belts were moving the project to measure the board there was a loud knocking sound, still can't figure that one out. Then the bit would attempt to measure the board and find the board surface, and it would miss the touch plate. I cleaned it and removed an excess of grease and some dust. Then I was carving and the sliding guide plate came completely off, so I had to fix that. It messed up my 5 hour carve due to the board shifting. Then last night the locking lever fell off and guess what another project ruined and another nice cherry board in the scrap pile. I happen to look at my bits as they were getting hard to remove and my caving bit adapter is getting real pitted and I never had that issue before. I came to my wood shop today to get some carving done and I had to fix and tighten the squaring plate. I thought I was good to go and then the board sensor kept giving me an error. So I cleaned the sensor again and still got an error. So I cleaned it again and still got the error so I decided to do a sensor check. The board sensor will not read anything, it maintains a 0 reading so now I have to get that fixed. I am now waiting for a tech to call me back it has already been over an hour. Not sure what I am going to do at this point. If I have to send this machine back in I should not have to pay another $158.00, this is crazy.

liquidguitars
12-19-2008, 04:30 PM
Cold?

what's the working temp in your shop? if its cold the table can gets sticky.

Someone on the forum said that a hair dryer would help untill the shop warms up.

Sensor could be dirty..

How are you testing the sensor, To check correctly you should place a wood board directly under the rollers and not use your hands as the sensor needs to read as if board was sitting in the unit.

loud knocking sound..

Bad table pressure and or a board warp. If you have a knocking sound turn off the unit right away and make as visual of the rollers to board contact. check to see that no light is under the rubbers.

When loading your wood, the fence can not be jammed into the side of the wood. Give a little clearence like with a table saw of about 1/16" so the board will move freely before lowering the table down. also If the board has a warp place it down to better contact the brass.

LG

pkunk
12-19-2008, 04:35 PM
I've referred this post to a CW tech. I'm sure they'll work something out with you. Give LHR a chance.:) Shipping (unless you sent it overnight) should be no more than $50. Is the machine still under warrentee?

AWoodsmith
12-19-2008, 04:36 PM
LG,

I have my shop at about 70 degrees, I do not start using my machine until I get it warmed up for a while. I learned that here on the forum. And I followed the trouble shooting intructions that are in my manual and all the suggestions on the forum.

LHR is doing a good thing so I will shut up, the tech and I am sorry I cannot remember his name got the approval to get my machine back in there on LHR. I am very happy with that, I will not get my presents done, but I guess you give and get, and I am happy with LHR doing what they are doing. Sorry for the long rant, but I was a bit upset.

what's the working temp in your shop? if its cold the table can gets sticky.

Some one on the forum said that a hair dryer would help.

Sensor could be dirty..

How are you testing the sensor, To check correctly you should place a wood board directly under the rollers and not use your hands as the sensor needs to read as if board was sitting in the unit.

LG

HelpBot3000
12-19-2008, 04:41 PM
We got him taken care of. I spoke with him personally and the situation is resolved as best as possible. He's a good guy who is frustrated but very reasonable. We'll have him carving in no time.

HelpBot3000
12-19-2008, 04:42 PM
LHR is doing a good thing so I will shut up, the tech and I am sorry I cannot remember his name got the approval to get my machine back in there on LHR.

The name's Barry. Don't worry, some days even I can't remember it. :)

AWoodsmith
12-19-2008, 04:57 PM
I spoke to a tech already, and they are going to pay the shippint this time, so I am happy. Yes it is under warrenty and like I said I just had it in there so that really stinks. I wish the shipping was only $50.00, it was $158.00 round trip from Tn to TX.

Thanks for helping,
Ed

I've referred this post to a CW tech. I'm sure they'll work something out with you. Give LHR a chance.:) Shipping (unless you sent it overnight) should be no more than $50. Is the machine still under warrentee?

AWoodsmith
12-19-2008, 04:58 PM
Well Barry, I thank you and your supervisor and Lisa. I feel better but I will miss my machine...

Ed
The name's Barry. Don't worry, some days even I can't remember it. :)

liquidguitars
12-19-2008, 05:11 PM
I have my shop at about 70 degrees, I do not start using my machine until I get it warmed up for a while. I learned that here on the forum.

Your lucky my shop has been friggin cold. :mad: :)

LG

Dan-Woodman
12-19-2008, 05:33 PM
Ed
Maybe someone near you will help with your projects for christmas. Any CW owners near Ed? I'd be more than happy to help, but with shipping it still wouldn't get there in time.
later Daniel

AWoodsmith
12-24-2008, 10:30 PM
Ed
Maybe someone near you will help with your projects for christmas. Any CW owners near Ed? I'd be more than happy to help, but with shipping it still wouldn't get there in time.
later Daniel
Well everyone it is Christmas eve so Merry Chrismas to all. I did not get all my presents done, but I will still make them when I get my machine back, better late thean never. Thanks all for the help and advice.

Ed