PDA

View Full Version : corain

lhanner
12-19-2008, 01:23 PM
Any one know of sourse for corian.

cnsranch
12-19-2008, 01:29 PM
Do a search - "corian" it's easier for me to tell you that than all I learned from the threads - over 200 of them on the subject.

Digitalwoodshop
12-19-2008, 02:08 PM
Even LHR has it in the store.

ruggybear
12-19-2008, 04:26 PM
I get mine from EBAY

skeeterman
12-19-2008, 06:54 PM
Ihanner, i have some corian most all of it is 1/2" thick, bone corian also have a speckled brown and speckled green corian that is 1/2" thick
skeeterman93@yahoo.com
steve

myshop1044
12-19-2008, 07:13 PM
If you are looking for a source, I found one online, they are somewhat pricey on the shipping( about 58% of the selling price and it doesn"t seem to go down with more than one item).
It's call solidsurface.com. You can pick any range size and color and they will quote you a selling and shiping price. They have just about any color, brand and size you want. I am working on my own source near my home and if this doesn't pan out then I will bite the bullet and try them.
The way it works is you can pick a color and don't pick a size and they will give you all the sizes for that color or you can pick the size range you want and it will show all the colors and brand names they have.
Let me know if you have any luck with ordering from them.

later
Oh by the way I did pick some on EBay myself.

Perry

MCGEE2SKINNER
12-19-2008, 08:09 PM
Check places that make corian cabinets. If they don't sell it ask about the centers they cut out for sinks or wash basins. I found a place that will let me have it cheap. They just throw it away.

Good Luck
JIM

Michael Anthony
12-19-2008, 08:33 PM
I found a shop that makes kitchen countertops they have more scrap than they know what to do with, small pieces less than 1 foot square they throw out, you might have to do some dumpster diving but hey free is free!!!

Ken Dolph
12-20-2008, 11:06 AM
http://www.coriartspecialties.com

They have Corian and the adhesives. They give out a duPont booklet on working with Cornian in the home workshop.

Heating and bending Corian can be as muc fun as carving it.

I hope this helps,
Ken

lmbkb
01-15-2009, 05:59 PM
I am a corian installer and have a good supply of 1/4" corian. I sell it several places but I have to charge more because the charges I have to pay to put it on. If anyone is interested I can sell it cheaper direct because I don't have to pay charges like ebay! I have a 100 % standing on ebay and ship right away. You can email me direct at lmbkb@comcast.net just please put needing corian in the subject area.

I don't do lithopanes and was wondering what is the best sizes you guys need and what colors are best for you. Any info would be great.
Larry

Corian Crafter
02-21-2009, 06:44 PM
We recycle Corian and Lg Hi Macs. We use it in our products and sell to the public at very reasonable prices. We normally have some of every available color including the rare solid colors of red, yellow, blue and some black. just contact me at coriancrafter@centurytel.net. Jeff