PDA

View Full Version : Bit Tip Locator

signman9999
12-19-2008, 06:24 AM
For awhile now my bit tip locator has been flopping around in my machine. The other day I was taking my machine down to do my PM's (LUBE ECT) and I was trying to figure out how it was attached to the machine. I saw no way to attach it so I called LHR to find out how it was attached. Their response to me was the clip at the bottom of the shaft. I told them all parts are there and the shaft fell out of the machine. The rest of the conversation went something like this. LHR: "the shaft fell out of the machine?" Me: "YES" LHR: "can you take a picture of it and send it to us because that is a first and should not ever happen" ME: "sure I will send the pictures" anyway I sent them the pictures and now they want me to send them the machine. They said that the shaft should have been spot welded at the factory.

Just wanted you all to know. I am attaching the photo's that I took. To be able to finish my Christmas Projects I :rolleyes:superglued the shaft back into the machine and so far it is working just fine.:D. As I was doing my last project at about the 50% mark the machine stopped. No display No cutting Nothing. I have checked the power going in and have 120 coming into the circuit board from the elec cord. I have checked and have 120 going into the next board. There does not seem to be a smell of burnt components anywhere in the machine. If anyone has any ideas I would welcome them. Yes I called LHR again and they said that I needed a new power supply board and wanted to send me one. But I only have one more project to do for christmas and would love to get it done before I send my machine back to LHR for god only knows how long :( so they can check into the bit tip locator falling out. Anyway I am loving my machine and thinking what am I going to do without it:confused: GO BUY ANOTHER ONE