PDA

View Full Version : Wedding Photo Frame

mtylerfl
12-18-2008, 04:53 PM
Hello,

Here is a project I did for my son and daughter-in-law as a gift for Christmas. Dimensions are about 14" x 9.5"

They were married and reside in Sarasota/Bradenton Florida. The bride's sister is a graphic artist and designed a tropical "logo" for them which appeared on their invitations, napkins, etc.

I asked for the original eps vector file (which was emailed to me), altered the vectors in CorelDraw, and then I imported the modifed vectors into ArtCAM to model this 3D frame pattern based upon the logo Katie's sister designed.

My wife asked me to add the seashell patterns (the ones that I made when I created the Scanning Video over a year ago). She said the shells will represent each grandchild she expects from the happy couple!

atauer
12-18-2008, 04:57 PM
Mike,

Another great project! I still can't see how you have the time to do things like this with all the projects that you are putting out for the POM subscription.

Your almost as busy as ChrisAlb and Al have been, I think.

mtylerfl
12-18-2008, 05:10 PM
Mike,

Another great project! I still can't see how you have the time to do things like this with all the projects that you are putting out for the POM subscription.

Your almost as busy as ChrisAlb and Al have been, I think.

Thanks for the compliment, Alex!

Time...that's why I have two machines...to try to keep up with all the projects, both personal and commercial. I probably should get two more, as I figure I'm about 3 months behind where I want to be!;)

liquidguitars
12-18-2008, 05:12 PM
Very Nice!

LG

atauer
12-18-2008, 05:14 PM
Thanks for the compliment, Alex!

Time...that's why I have two machines...to try to keep up with all the projects, both personal and commercial. I probably should get two more, as I figure I'm about 3 months behind where I want to be!;)

Would you be able to keep up with that many machines?

HelpBot3000
12-18-2008, 05:26 PM
I love that frame! My wife and I finally tied the knot last Feb on leap year and I would love to get a frame like that. I hope you put it up on your site or as a POM sometime down the line.

pkunk
12-18-2008, 06:01 PM
Very nice Mike! It's personal projects like that that make memories. I wish I could spare the time for my CW, but the cabinet business has me running behind.

badger
12-18-2008, 07:27 PM
Would you be able to keep up with that many machines?

lol, Im wondering if they will be able to keep up with that many shells...hehe

Beautiful project.