PDA

View Full Version : Problem putting one design on three boards

maplewoodworker
12-15-2008, 11:25 PM
All-

I am a relatively new CarveWright user. I want to create a sign 44" x 36". Obviously, this would require sending through the machine three separate boards as three separate projects. I did this, but on the edges of the boards it left out a section of the design and instead notched the board down halfway about 1/8" in thickness. When I tried to piece the three boards together in the shop today, I sanded down the 1/8" and noticed that the design did not match up. I am not sure what is causing this. Any ideas?

I have attached the three parts of the design. Please help!

Thanks-

MBW

Amonaug
12-16-2008, 03:20 PM
All-

I am a relatively new CarveWright user. I want to create a sign 44" x 36". Obviously, this would require sending through the machine three separate boards as three separate projects. I did this, but on the edges of the boards it left out a section of the design and instead notched the board down halfway about 1/8" in thickness. When I tried to piece the three boards together in the shop today, I sanded down the 1/8" and noticed that the design did not match up. I am not sure what is causing this. Any ideas?

I have attached the three parts of the design. Please help!

Thanks-

MBW

I've only done 1 large sign with 2 pieces, others who have done more may have better ideas.

But did you use a sled with the board? The width will need at least 1/2" extra for the rollers to have something to roll on and 7" extra on the length so it stays under the rollers.

You can achieve that by either having a board with those bigger dimensions and then cutting off the excess or putting the correct sized board onto a sled/rail system.

Sled/rail use can be found http://www.carvewright.com/cms/tips-and-tricks Issue 7