PDA

View Full Version : Is a threadlocker needed on the z-truck?

Rocky
12-15-2008, 05:04 PM
While doing a carve today I noticed that my z-truck started to vibrate, so I quickly shut down the CW. On examination, I noticed that the z-truck wobbled when I grabbed hold of it. After further examination, I noticed that the Philips head screw on the lower cam adjuster on the right hand site was loose. In my attached photo the arrows point to the two Philips screws that secure the bearing adjusters. My question is this: Do I need to use some sort of threadlocker (e.g., Locktite) on these two Philips screws? Also, I'm not sure how tight these screws should be. Any thoughts or references, folks?

On a side note, I tried to call CarveWright tech support (during operating hours) to ask them, but, I got an answering machine. I left a message, but no call back yet. It seems to me that a company like LHR should have a better system for responding to tech support.

Thanks,

liquidguitars
12-15-2008, 05:07 PM
YES!!!

LHR likes you to use Red from a post a wile back..

LG

mtylerfl
12-15-2008, 06:01 PM
On a side note, I tried to call CarveWright tech support (during operating hours) to ask them, but, I got an answering machine. I left a message, but no call back yet. It seems to me that a company like LHR should have a better system for responding to tech support.

Thanks,

Hello,

For what it's worth - I called them myself today at about 1:30pm ET and got one of the Techs immediately.

I'm sorry you weren't able to get in touch with a Tech right away, this time. They have one of the best support systems I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with. I would encourage you to call again until you get one of the friendly and helpful Techs. They'll take very good care of you!

All the Best...

Rocky
12-15-2008, 06:18 PM
Hello,

For what it's worth - I called them myself today at about 1:30pm ET and got one of the Techs immediately.

I'm sorry you weren't able to get in touch with a Tech right away, this time. They have one of the best support systems I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with. I would encourage you to call again until you get one of the friendly and helpful Techs. They'll take very good care of you!

All the Best...

In the past, when I have been able to get to speak to a tech person they have been very helpful. So, I wholeheartedly agree with you. Today was the second time in the past 3 weeks that I had to call LHR and 3 weeks ago I had to leave a message, too. No one returned my call, so two days later I called again and that time I was able to speak to a tech. I just think if they're going to use the answering machine, then someone should return the call.

Semper Fi
12-16-2008, 06:31 AM
I too have had no luck at all when leaving a message on the answering machine. In person, they are super, but the callbacks from the answering machine process sure could use some work.

Digitalwoodshop
12-16-2008, 10:58 AM
I think Customer Satisfaction survey forms need to be sent to every user minus the questions like last time "How much money do you make?" "Education ?" "Rent Own?"

You know with real questions like....
"The last order was received with everything you ordered?

Explain what was missing?

"Your calls or emails were returned?"

Within an hour, 4, 8, 16, 24, 48, NEVER....

AL

Rocky
12-17-2008, 05:13 PM
There is definitely a systemic/communication problem at LHR. I called their tech support 2 days ago (Tuesday morning) and left a message requesting a support call back. No call back. I called again yesterday (Wednesday) and left another similar message. Again, no call back. Today (Thursday)I called and got right through to a tech support person who was able to help me in less than 10 minutes. I was happy that I got through to a tech support person today, but it makes one wonder what is happening to the messages that customers leave......maybe File 13?

atauer
12-17-2008, 05:24 PM
I would like to take this time to say that we have approximately 10,000 or more customers. Any of those customers can call in at any given time. The closer the company gets to the holidays, the busier we get. Any messages that are left do get returned, it merely takes a little longer, due to us being busier. If you do not get through right away, please try again at a later time. If you feel that you have left messages and are not getting a callback, please email us as well. All emails get answered in a timely manner, depending once again on how busy we are on that given day.

I am saying this as a technician. We have been extremely busy the past couple weeks and we will be busy throughout the holidays. We are working hard to get everyone of our customers the support that they need. So be patient and if you have left a message and have not received a response within two days, please email us and we will gladly assist as soon as we possibly can.