PDA

View Full Version : MPC Vector Pattern to .PTN format??

Dirtydan
12-14-2008, 04:50 PM
After laying out a pattern in Designer, is there a way to save/convert the .mpc file to a .ptn file? See attached .mpc. The reason I want this layout in a .ptn file is so it can be resized for different board sizes with out having to to re-identifing all the different spline attach points.

Ideas????

DocWheeler
12-14-2008, 05:03 PM
Dan,

There may be an easy way to do exactly what you are asking.
As a test, I removed your attachments and grabbed a corner arrow and can size it to whatever!

Never tried that before - maybe that will work for you!

Dan-Woodman
12-14-2008, 05:13 PM
Way to go Ken, great idea. That makes it really easy to change sizes.
later Daniel

roughcut
12-14-2008, 06:09 PM
After laying out a pattern in Designer, is there a way to save/convert the .mpc file to a .ptn file? See attached .mpc. The reason I want this layout in a .ptn file is so it can be resized for different board sizes with out having to to re-identifing all the different spline attach points.

Ideas????

I would right click group then tell it to make pattern

Dirtydan
12-14-2008, 06:33 PM
Dan,

There may be an easy way to do exactly what you are asking.
As a test, I removed your attachments and grabbed a corner arrow and can size it to whatever!

Never tried that before - maybe that will work for you!

Ken,

I tried that with my file, but it didn't work... But it works fine with your file.... What version of Designer are you using??? I'm running Ver. 1.131, Build 6169.

Thanks for the help...

I jut took the time to read what you said.... Remove the Attachments, Hmmmmmmmmm Yes that works....

Thanks again Ken...