PDA

View Full Version : How many are out there?

Rocky
12-13-2008, 02:01 PM
Just curious! Does anyone know how many CarveWrights and CompuCarves have been sold to date?

Lin
12-13-2008, 02:35 PM
An interesting question...I do know that there are more than 4 thousand members on this forum...not near that many active..but I figure most on the forum have at least 1 machine and I'm sure there are many that have a machine but havent' found or joined this forum.
Hummmm....
Lin

Dan-Woodman
12-13-2008, 03:55 PM
The last I remember being posted here quit a while back was 14,000 I believe.
later Daniel

JVallario
12-13-2008, 07:00 PM
I havent heard but of one person on here from N Calif. But I was in a lumber store in Berkley 2 weeks ago and they had a bunch of signs made by someone with a CW. Maybe he's just anti-social?

Reset
12-13-2008, 08:21 PM
Well, I can confirm 8 machines in the general vicinity, a total of 25 in all of California...but I would have to believe there are much more than that. (there is a machine in Iceland too). If 14k are out there, there are only about 300 on my map (would have been 1700 had I known how to add members automatically when they signed up...but didn't figure that out until about 6 months ago. And before that, it was a different map, offsite, that no longer exists, so about 300 more that originally were on the map were lost... If your not on the map, all you have to do is update your city state and zipcode, in your profile on CompuCarveWright.com , and you will automatically be added to the map. Oh, and it looks like there has been more machines sold east of the Mississippi than west :)

Tommy :)
http://compucarvewright.com/map%20screenshot0%20ncal81213.jpghttp://compucarvewright.com/images/Album/map%20screenshot0%20ncal81213.jpg%22%20align=%22le ft%22%20hspace=%226%22%20alt=%22Image%22%20/

Rocky
12-14-2008, 04:57 AM
Well, I can confirm 8 machines in the general vicinity, a total of 25 in all of California...but I would have to believe there are much more than that. (there is a machine in Iceland too). If 14k are out there, there are only about 300 on my map (would have been 1700 had I known how to add members automatically when they signed up...but didn't figure that out until about 6 months ago. And before that, it was a different map, offsite, that no longer exists, so about 300 more that originally were on the map were lost... If your not on the map, all you have to do is update your city state and zipcode, in your profile on CompuCarveWright.com , and you will automatically be added to the map. Oh, and it looks like there has been more machines sold east of the Mississippi than west :)

http://compucarvewright.com/map%20screenshot0%20ncal81213.jpghttp://compucarvewright.com/images/Album/map%20screenshot0%20ncal81213.jpg%22%20align=%22le ft%22%20hspace=%226%22%20alt=%22Image%22%20/

The map is a good idea; can you provide more details about it? For example, is there a link to the U.S. map? Map legend?

Thanks,

mtylerfl
12-14-2008, 12:23 PM
Just curious! Does anyone know how many CarveWrights and CompuCarves have been sold to date?

I understand that over 14,000 machines have been sold - that was a few months ago, so I'm not sure of the current figure.

Every owner "should" be a forum member, but unfortunately, many owners either are not aware of the forum or they just don't understand what a wonderful benefit it is for them and don't bother signing up.

Rocky
12-14-2008, 01:19 PM
I understand that over 14,000 machines have been sold - that was a few months ago, so I'm not sure of the current figure.

Every owner "should" be a forum member, but unfortunately, many owners either are not aware of the forum or they just don't understand what a wonderful benefit it is for them and don't bother signing up.

You're right; it certainly has benefited me.

Reset
12-14-2008, 02:31 PM
The map is a good idea; can you provide more details about it? For example, is there a link to the U.S. map? Map legend?
Thanks,

The map is of the entire U.S., the world, in fact. The screen shot above is only of the northern California area, that was mentioned by JVallario . What you see on the map page is what I've figured out to do so far.

When I first started the site, I set up a member map at buddymapping.com ... which seems to be offline now. Map legend? What is it you would be looking for on it?