PDA

View Full Version : restarting carvewright

pcolausmcdad
12-12-2008, 04:28 PM
hey ya'll,i'm a newbie.by name of jim.
i figured out how to do a entire patteren on a board and it's about 1/2 way through,and i was going to vac some dust out of the machine and the stupid ele link shut the entire machine and vac down.
now my question is, HOW DO YOU RESTART THE MACHINE WITHOUT GOING BACK THROUGH THE ENTIRE SET-UP?
I MEAN I STARTED TO RESTART AND IT ACTED LIKE IT WAS GONNA START FROM THE GIT GO.:roll:

Dan-Woodman
12-12-2008, 04:49 PM
Jim
Sorry to hear about that. What you'll have to do is go back to designer,create a carve region over that portion of the carving that is done and set that carve region to zerowithout moving your origanal pattern and start the machine again . It will skip the new carve region area and begin carving the rest.
The machine is very accurate so let it carve with confidence.
Welcome to the forum and the world of "Carvaholics"
later Daniel

fwharris
12-12-2008, 05:06 PM
Jim,

Welcome also to the carving world and do not feel bad about stopping in the middle of the carve. I bet it has happened to most of use here being the power co. fault or our own. You can do as Dan said or just start if from the beginning like a new carve. Dan is right about the CW being very accurate and you will notice very little if any change to the carve over.

Good luck.