PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone experienced this?

Rocky
12-12-2008, 11:53 AM
About 10 - 15 minutes into a carving my CW stops with a message that says "check cut motor; press Enter to proceed". I open the lid, looking for I don't know what; close the lid and press Enter and the carving completes. After carving continues, though, the motor appears to be running at a higher RPM. It puzzles me!

Thanks,

supershingler
12-12-2008, 12:01 PM
if your are cutting centerline text my answer is yes.

i think there is something in the 1.131 version that causes this.

i carved my first centerline last night since i upgrades and it did it both signs that i made.

kendall

Jeff_Birt
12-12-2008, 12:02 PM
Rocky, do a search for "check cut motor", with quotes. This subject has been talked about a lot and you can probably find out everything you every wanted to know very quickly.

For instance here is one I found with that search: http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=8229&highlight=check+cut+motor

supershingler
12-12-2008, 12:17 PM
jeff

could this be a issue with centerline

my carver doesnt do it in the carving mode only when im carving centerline will it start slow and then jump to a much higher speed.

my carver has been changing speed since it was new so i thought it was supposed to do that. i havent had any ill effects yet with 150 hrs of carving time.

just wondering what your thought are or if you have tried anything in centerline to check out our theory. i think there was another thread about this a week ago also

kendall

Rocky
12-12-2008, 01:36 PM
if your are cutting centerline text my answer is yes.

i think there is something in the 1.131 version that causes this.

i carved my first centerline last night since i upgrades and it did it both signs that i made.

kendall

It happens on both Centerline and regular carving using a 60 degree bit.

Rocky
12-12-2008, 01:40 PM
Rocky, do a search for "check cut motor", with quotes. This subject has been talked about a lot and you can probably find out everything you every wanted to know very quickly.

For instance here is one I found with that search: http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=8229&highlight=check+cut+motor

Thanks, Jeff. I had searched this before and found quite a bit of feedback, but nothing that zero's in on the cause and describes a solution. Seems there are a lot of theories. Thanks again.

supershingler
12-12-2008, 05:50 PM
maybe it has something to do with selecting the 60 and 90 degree bits.

maybe later ill try something simple in centerline and but in the bullnose and see if it act the same way

ill post results later

kendall

SpiffyDog
12-15-2008, 12:12 PM
I receive the "Check Cut-Motor" message right before it begins carving. This happens EVERYTIME without fail. This has been like this for over a year, regardless of which software version I'm using. I haven't found anything that addresses the problem nor have I found any issues with the machine. I have accepted this as my normal routine and press ENTER to continue. I hope that someone figures this out, though.

Rocky
12-15-2008, 01:21 PM
I receive the "Check Cut-Motor" message right before it begins carving. This happens EVERYTIME without fail. This has been like this for over a year, regardless of which software version I'm using. I haven't found anything that addresses the problem nor have I found any issues with the machine. I have accepted this as my normal routine and press ENTER to continue. I hope that someone figures this out, though.

It would be nice to have a solution.

HighTechOkie
12-15-2008, 02:00 PM
I thought Al (Digitalwoodshop) identified the problem as a loose cut motor magnet resulting in the encoder not able to detect/report the motor's rpm. This is just going off memory as I have not had the problem.

Rob

Rocky
12-15-2008, 02:32 PM
I thought Al (Digitalwoodshop) identified the problem as a loose cut motor magnet resulting in the encoder not able to detect/report the motor's rpm. This is just going off memory as I have not had the problem.

Rob

Is there a "fix" for it? Do you have a thread reference?

Thanks,

Digitalwoodshop
12-15-2008, 07:38 PM
The cut motor magnet was the problem with earlier CCM problems and they did go away after the magnet retainers were developed by LHR.

I started to get the CCM errors after 1.130 I believe and still have it with 1.131. I would bet they go away with 1.132 with little fan fair.

I believe it is a software not hardware issue. The trick would be to have someone try a test project with designer 1.120 or something early and see of they get the CCM.

AL

supershingler
12-15-2008, 09:39 PM
i carved all weekend(until i killed my qc) and the only time i had an ccm error was when i was doing centerline text. all other carving acted like the last ones that i have been doing.

i too believe it is a software issue.

kendall

mtylerfl
12-15-2008, 09:50 PM
The cut motor magnet was the problem with earlier CCM problems and they did go away after the magnet retainers were developed by LHR.

I started to get the CCM errors after 1.130 I believe and still have it with 1.131. I would bet they go away with 1.132 with little fan fair.

I believe it is a software not hardware issue. The trick would be to have someone try a test project with designer 1.120 or something early and see of they get the CCM.

AL

I have never had a CCM error on any version of the software, nor on either of my machines. Both machines have the original cut motors, before the magnet mount modification.

Digitalwoodshop
12-15-2008, 10:31 PM
Are your magnets working? It could be running full speed all the time on your machine?

I got CCM with the Carving bit on some projects this week. 30 seconds into carving.

AL

fwharris
12-16-2008, 12:21 AM
I get it mostly when I am using a V bit on either text or lines. It has varied on the time into the carve before CCM comes up. Prior to getting the message the motor does change speeds up an down as it does the carve.