PDA

View Full Version : burnt wires

merledg
12-11-2008, 08:45 PM
Heres one for you. I have had machine for about a week . first 10 miniutes burnt solder of power supply . caused z y and x stalls. I repaird conection . ran 2 progects ran great . went to use it again tonight .Got a chek CUT motor eror . tore motor apart found wire burnt off the armature. I is there something going on here. ANY THOUGHTS ?

Digitalwoodshop
12-11-2008, 09:24 PM
Is your power outlet correct. Wired properly, 115 VAC, correct receptacle wiring. A cheep plug in outlet tester is good to see that your power is proper.

When the cut motor ran, did it sound normal?

How about posting a picture of the wire damage?

LHR will most likely want the machine back.

AL

Eagle Hollow
12-11-2008, 10:05 PM
Al,

Is that Corian dust on the cut motor?

supershingler
12-11-2008, 10:39 PM
looks like pine dust to me

it gets into everything

how ya doing jerry

after the holiday im coming west to look ya up

i need a break

kendall

Ike
12-11-2008, 11:05 PM
Heres one for you. I have had machine for about a week . first 10 miniutes burnt solder of power supply . caused z y and x stalls. I repaird conection . ran 2 progects ran great . went to use it again tonight .Got a chek CUT motor eror . tore motor apart found wire burnt off the armature. I is there something going on here. ANY THOUGHTS ?

One thing wouldn't go taking things apart on a machine a week old! Plus a CCM error is common. It was really cold in my shop and I have not ran the machine in awhile. So I am thinking the lube in the flex cable was cold and ran slow thus giving me a CCM. Pressed enter and the way it went and every project there after all lubed parts warmed up.

Just a suggestion you are under warranty and unless directed by a LHR tech taking internal parts I would think voids your warranty!

Ike

AWoodsmith
12-12-2008, 02:09 AM
I hope you did not void your warrenty by taking that motor apart. I would cal LHR and get some help. Just my thoughts...

Digitalwoodshop
12-12-2008, 12:32 PM
The motor pictures are from the first time I took the motor apart. I wanted to show the dust inside the motor and the fire hazard..... And I have a dust collection system.

I get the CCM error too and everything is working normal. I just live with it as at this point I am convinced it is a software issue and hopefully will be corrected in 1.132.

AL

Icutone2
12-12-2008, 01:03 PM
I have had that error seance 1.125 and it still works fine. It just reminds me to turn on the dust collector.

Eagle Hollow
12-12-2008, 01:47 PM
looks like pine dust to me

it gets into everything

how ya doing jerry

after the holiday im coming west to look ya up

i need a break

kendall

I'll be looking for you. I'm ready to exchange some war stories!! Call before you come. I spend lots of time on the road