PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Text

rands
12-08-2008, 09:07 AM
When creating signs using Text I have a problem where I cannot adjust the cutting depth of the V-groove cutter. I double click to select the Text I want to adjust. I select the bit I desire which in my case a 90 degree V-groove bit. Per instructions in the help screen I should than be able to put in the desired depth of the cut but the program does not allow any input of data. What I'am doing wrong? Thanks Rands

cnsranch
12-08-2008, 09:20 AM
Centerline depth is automatically dictated by the size of the letter you're carving - it's not adjustable, and if you think about it, you wouldn't want to adjust it - the letter would not look right.

Using a 60v vs a 90 v will give you a different profile - give it a try, you'll see the difference in Designer.

Kenm810
12-08-2008, 09:39 AM
rands,

Something like this is the results.

90-V groove Out line at .032 and .125
90-V groove Centerline regular and Bold

ChrisAlb
12-08-2008, 10:42 AM
When creating signs using Text I have a problem where I cannot adjust the cutting depth of the V-groove cutter. I double click to select the Text I want to adjust. I select the bit I desire which in my case a 90 degree V-groove bit. Per instructions in the help screen I should than be able to put in the desired depth of the cut but the program does not allow any input of data. What I'am doing wrong? Thanks Rands

Hi Rands and welcome.

Perhaps we should ask "why" you want to change the depth? Is it just to modify the look of the font or do you need to get text carved in a lower carved region of the board?