PDA

View Full Version : X Axis Stall Error 228

Rodeo1
12-06-2008, 07:42 PM
Hello,

I am receiving an X Axis Stall Error Code 228 on my machine. I get this error whenever the machine tries to move the board in and out of the machine whether it be when starting a project or just doing a measure length. It never seems to even attempt to actuate the traction belts. I have tried numerous boards, I have tried reducing/increasing head pressure, and I have tried with the sliding board guide not pressed against the board. In all cases the error occurs without any noise or even slight movement of the traction belts.

Machine is a year old, has less than 40 cut hours, and only two hours (one project) since it last came back from Carvewright Support.

I apologize if there are posts on this already, but the search settings of the site will not allow me to search on X Axis Stall Error 228 since X and 228 are less than four characters. I can only search on Axis Stall Error and I did not find anything that seems to identify my issue.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.

Rodeo1
12-06-2008, 08:55 PM
Well I found the source of the X Axis Stall Error Code 228 I was having. Since I never heard any noise or saw any movement of the traction belts I felt I would investigate to see if power was getting to the drive motor. Sure enough after removing the bottom cover I found a lose connector on the power supply. Reseated the connection and now the X Axis appears to work fine.

I hope this helps others, but of course since the forum doesn't allow searching on "X" or "228" the odds of anyone finding this post when they need it are slim...

Jeff_Birt
12-06-2008, 11:35 PM
If your search contains words with three or less letters then just surround it in quotes "error 228".