PDA

View Full Version : bit selection fault error 238

unitedcases
12-06-2008, 06:53 PM
Has anyone seen the above error? I keep getting it when I am trying to use a V-bit. Basically just trying to carve lettering.

Digitalwoodshop
12-06-2008, 07:33 PM
Watch your unit and see if the bit is touching the bit flag. The Z might be dirty, dust on the rails or in the Z belt causing the head going down to touch the bit flag to stop before touching the bit flag. If it stopped short of touching it would look to the computer like a 1/8 inch cutting bit was in the unit rather than a V60 or V90 that are shorter.

Start there.

I watch every bit change and see if the bit touches the bit flag. It's a check that the machine is working properly. Worth the wait....

AL

unitedcases
12-06-2008, 07:41 PM
I hear ya AL, here is the sequence. It does some up and down on the left, then it goes over and touches the flag, comes back and does some more up and down on the left, then touches the board in two different spots. Then it goes back for some more up and down and then gives me the error. It only does it with that short bit.

Amonaug
12-06-2008, 11:19 PM
What's the head pressure? I've heard if the head pressure is too high it causes the infinite bit loop and it may be the cause of your error too.

Digitalwoodshop
12-07-2008, 12:08 AM
I had that once.

Had a tilted head around the same time so that could be an issue.

I solved it by blowing clean the brass roller area....

Don't know why, but it worked....

There are still some things I don't understand about the machine.

AL