PDA

View Full Version : Board feed

cdn_rider
12-06-2008, 09:31 AM
Sometimes when I turn the handle downwards to get the 5 clicks or more. and press enter it doesnt work . I have to rasie and do it again. Is this from not being thourough enough in removing saw dust

Thx

pat ( cdn_rider )

Jeff_Birt
12-06-2008, 09:58 AM
It sounds like the head is not actually going all the way down before the clutch clicks in. It does sound like your machine could use a cleaning. Check out the January 2008 Tips&Tricks: http://www.carvewright.com/cms/tips-and-tricks, a good cleaning only takes 15 minutes or so after a days carving session.

In your case I would suspect that the vertical guide rods need cleaning and a bit of lubrication.

mtylerfl
12-06-2008, 03:30 PM
Sometimes when I turn the handle downwards to get the 5 clicks or more. and press enter it doesnt work . I have to rasie and do it again. Is this from not being thourough enough in removing saw dust

Thx

pat ( cdn_rider )

One possible cause could be your shop environment is too cold (preventing the head/clutch mechanism from working properly) - make sure your shop is between 60°-100°

Dan-Woodman
12-06-2008, 03:38 PM
After a good cleaning, then watch the keypad screen as your cranking the head and the words will change . It will tell you when the roller switchs are compressed.
later Daniel