PDA

View Full Version : Won't measure board...just keeps rolling....

TurtleCove
12-05-2008, 04:55 PM
I loaded a new board for my new project, and it asks if it should stay under the rollers. I said no. It then begins measuring the board. It measures the width just fine. When it tries to measure the length, it would get to the edge, and then it read "clear board sensor". So, I blew off the sensor that's above the board (in the middle), to no avail. So, I took a cotton swab, and wiped off the sensor (hard to get at, even with the head all the way up). Powered down, and up, and now when it tries to measure the length of the board...it never stops rolling. Now what?

FiddlemakerMills
12-05-2008, 05:56 PM
Use a mirror to look at the sensor to see if dust is trapped inside the sensor cover. If you search "board sensor" you will get alot of info that will help.

TurtleCove
12-05-2008, 06:02 PM
ok, so I tried shining light on the board, below the sensor...and that allowed it to see the left side of the board. But, now when it's rolling towards the right side, it keeps on rolling. Spits the board out, and keeps rolling.....

I'll keep looking for ideas.....

Kenm810
12-05-2008, 06:52 PM
Try checking to see if one of your pressure rollers is stuck,
if it's not coming down to find the end of your project board it will allow it to continue rolling right out of the machine. http://forum.carvewright.com/images/smilies/icon_sad.gif

Bubbabear
12-05-2008, 06:55 PM
Also check and see if the back roller is releasing. If it is not releasing right it will not stop either. Usually it will give you a rear roller stuck msg but I would still check the roller load a board roll the head down 0 then 7 then use the up or down arrow key to find rollers and then roll the head up and see if bot rollers release. also take a soft clean rag and wipe the board sensor clean and use a light that can almost cover the width of the board area

fwharris
12-05-2008, 06:55 PM
TurtleCove,

Assuming you are using a board 7" longer than your design board,
your problem could be in either the dirty switches in the compression rollers or to dark of wood.

For the sensor do a sensor check and see if it shows compressed or not. For dark wood put a strip of masking taper across the end of the board.

pine acres woodshop
12-05-2008, 06:57 PM
Does it give an error message? That sound like what happens when a roller is stuck in the up position, You could do a sensor check to see if the back roller is compressed when nothing is in the machine, then try lifting up on the back roller and blowing out the areas that the roller goes into. That has worked for me before.
Mark

fwharris
12-05-2008, 07:01 PM
:eek: HMMMM just might be a roller.

Jeff_Birt
12-05-2008, 07:29 PM
How thick is your board? It it is not at least 1/2" thick the machine cannot measure it properly.

ChrisAlb
12-05-2008, 08:00 PM
I agree with Ken and FW. More than likely it's a stuck (in the compressed state) roller.

Of course Jeff is also right if the board is too thin.

Digitalwoodshop
12-05-2008, 08:16 PM
Using options check the condition of the rollers, compressed or uncompressed by cranking down on a board.

Then check your board sensor with sheet of white copy paper on the board. It is a standard and My white paper number should be the same as Your white paper reading, a standard..... Paper 140-156 Light brown wood 80-90..... Walnut.... Hard to see... Tape helps.

AL

cdn_rider
12-05-2008, 08:21 PM
Thanks I cant seem to see how to start one. is there a certain wat to start one. Thanks

fwharris
12-05-2008, 08:29 PM
Thanks I cant seem to see how to start one. is there a certain wat to start one. Thanks

cdn,

From the forums main page, click on one of the headings on the left side that most fits your subject area. At the top left side is a button, start new click it and start
your new thread

ChrisAlb
12-05-2008, 08:32 PM

Just click on the main heading of the section you want to start one in. i.e. Machine, Software, gallery and the New Thread button is on the top left.

ChrisAlb
12-05-2008, 08:33 PM
Ha ha...Beat me by a second FW....LOL

fwharris
12-05-2008, 08:37 PM
Ha ha...Beat me by a second FW....LOL

That is ok you beat me on the HOW TO CUT BOARD one.

Market ended up!!!!

ChrisAlb
12-05-2008, 08:41 PM
That is ok you beat me on the HOW TO CUT BOARD one.

Market ended up!!!!

I don't know about the stock market but I pulled just over a grand off Forex today. GREAT FRIDAY although it had me biting my nails...LOL

TurtleCove
12-06-2008, 12:58 AM
How thick is your board? It it is not at least 1/2" thick the machine cannot measure it properly.

Jeff nailed it...that's exactly what the problem was.

fwharris
12-06-2008, 11:06 AM
Jeff nailed it...that's exactly what the problem was.

TurtleCove,

Glad to see that Jeff nailed this one for you.

For us other guys we need to put the 1/2" board in our memory bank for this!!!