PDA

View Full Version : Overhang Pattern

jerrbitt
12-04-2008, 10:00 AM
In the March 2008 issue of "Tips and Tricks", Michael Tyler shows how to make overhang patterns. As always, he does a great job and I've learned so much from his articles. Unfortunately, I don't have a graphics program and tried to use Paint to create an oval pattern and likewise a square without success.

For those who have created such patterns, I sure would appreciate borrowing them for a "few years."

Thanks.

cnsranch
12-04-2008, 10:12 AM
Here you go.

mtylerfl
12-04-2008, 01:27 PM
In the March 2008 issue of "Tips and Tricks", Michael Tyler shows how to make overhang patterns. As always, he does a great job and I've learned so much from his articles. Unfortunately, I don't have a graphics program and tried to use Paint to create an oval pattern and likewise a square without success.

For those who have created such patterns, I sure would appreciate borrowing them for a "few years."

Thanks.

Hello jerrbitt,

Glad you enjoy the Tips and thank you for your nice comments!

Ya know, Designer now lets you draw any shape, such as an oval in this case, (make it a carve region), then select all the elements including overhanging ones, click the Outline Tool and a perimeter path is automatically generated all around the objects! (You can remove or change the carve region as you wish, after the outline has been made automatically.)

When I wrote the article, making a seperate graphic was the only way to do the overhang pattern outline - with the recent updates to the software, you do not have to do that anymore.