PDA

View Full Version : calibration

oldjoe
12-04-2008, 09:13 AM
just out of curiosity do you and how often do the users of this machine
run calibrations and do you notice a difference. The reason I ask is I am all of a sudden having problems with Centerline text going way to deep. Deeper then normal on projects I have run before.

Digitalwoodshop
12-04-2008, 10:12 AM
Your Bit Flag has a important function to find the end of the bit. If the bit flag is bent high or low it could cause this problem.

To check your bit flag make a pattern that has a carve region of .001 deep and see what you get.... TOO DEEP or never touch.... You could do the same thing with a 1/8 inch bit by drawing a circle and selecting the 1/8 inch bit and .001 depth. If you did a 10 inch circle on a 11.25 board you would be checking head level too.

Also the head level could cause this with the right side being high. The left side of the board would be deeper.

Use the options and Z data and touch the board in 3 places and look at the numbers.

Good Luck,

AL

EulessDave
12-05-2008, 02:58 PM
I know this is an old thread, but it describes a problem I'm having. My patterns are carving deeper on the crank side (left?) and shallower on the non-crank side (right?). I'm sure it's something to do with the calibration. You say the Head Level could cause this.

What is the Head Level, and how do I test, calibrate, or correct it?
All help is greatly appreciated?