PDA

View Full Version : Centerline Text and Check Cut Motor Issue

jerrbitt
12-04-2008, 09:12 AM
I'm experiencing the same problem others have posted about namely when, and only when, carving centerline text, the machine starts carving the text at a lower than normal speed. Then after less than a minute, I receive a check cut motor message. Hit enter and the machine starts carving normally at the "regular" speed.

Called Carvewright and they want me to check the sensor on the chuck and I will but doubt that is the issue nor is it the magnet since I've already experienced that problem and put in a new cut motor this past June. Unless, they were still sending out cut motors without the improved magnet holder. Hmmm, I haven't checked the magnet, should I?

Normal carving, i.e., without text, runs okay all though I'm experiencing some irregular depth problems in the carve region. That will be another post

oldjoe
12-04-2008, 10:09 AM
I just started experiencing the same kind of problems you described. All my depths seem to be running deeper then what the program tells it. I did find a broken piece of Magnet about the size of a pencil eraser on the Z track which did cause a Z axis stall. That is why the post about calibration. I have no idea where that magnet came from. I read a post about magnets in the plastic case to hold bits in place but I don't what they mean by plastic case and this magnes was shiny on the outside almost looks like a piece of bearing but I checked all of them. Is there a magnet in the chuck itself. I am leaning towards the Cut Motor but how it ended up where it was is beyond me.

Digitalwoodshop
12-04-2008, 10:21 AM
I am having the same problem too. Good sensor and new brushes...

I think it is a software issue, I live with it until 1.132.

AL

ChrisAlb
12-04-2008, 10:41 AM
oldjoe,

The magnets in the "plastic case" refer to the "full bit set case". They aren't glued in the case very well and sometimes come out stuck to the bit adapters. I've had this happen from time to time.

Those magnets are round and roughly 3/16" in diameter and roughly and 1/8" or a little less thick.

Every time I pull a bit out of the case I look to see if the magnet is still in the case. If not, I check the adapter for it. Whenever one comes out I just discard it because my case sits flat on a shelf so I really don't need magnets in it.

oldjoe
12-04-2008, 02:06 PM
I just spoke to a fellow at CW and he told me that the magnet probably came from the Z truck itself. The older CC's had a magnet for a sensor but it is not used anymore and since I have the new Z pack it is no longer needed.
And as far as my other problems I ordered a new QC and it was recomended that I do a calibration. So when the new QC gets here I am going to do that.
Thanks for all your help.

Tom75
12-04-2008, 10:32 PM
i dont have centerline but i have had the same problem when carving my name in to a pice of oak about 1 min in stops and tells to check cut motor nothing wrong so i press enter and it goes in to hyper speed

Rocky
12-05-2008, 05:08 AM
I'm having the same problem, too. I've noticed it with Centerline text. At first I thought it was related to a z-truck problem that I had recently; but, it still seems to be cutting Centerline text too deep even after the z-truck problem was corrected. I'm running 1.131.

Ken Massingale
12-05-2008, 08:48 AM
Same here. No CCM errors when carving outside of Centerline. I never had the error until 1.131. I just hit Enter and the centerline carves finish o.k.
k

Rocky
12-05-2008, 08:50 AM
Ok, you experts out there, is it a hardware problem or software problem, or both?

oldjoe
12-05-2008, 11:43 AM
Well I am not sure when I spoke the gentleman and CW he transferred me to software. As far as text being too deep I have been running 1.131 for about 2 months now at first no issues with CL text until recently. And that is as far as the depth of it goes I think it is an issue with my QC. As far as the check cut motor error it always happens at the begining of a project and it doesn't always go into hyper speed either sometimes it runs at a more normal speed. So like I think it was Al that said waiting until version 1.32 to come out Besides thats the version that makes coffee. LOL