PDA

View Full Version : Telling CW about a sled?

ChrisAlb
12-01-2008, 08:49 AM
Hey everyone,

I thought I read that we can now tell the CW we're using a sled and thus specify the thickness of the actual project board so it knows not to cut through the sled.

If that's so, where exactly do we input that info? I must be brain dead because I can't find it.

mtylerfl
12-01-2008, 09:02 AM
Hey everyone,

I thought I read that we can now tell the CW we're using a sled and thus specify the thickness of the actual project board so it knows not to cut through the sled.

If that's so, where exactly do we input that info? I must be brain dead because I can't find it.

Hi Chris,

The "how-to" is in the Sept ' 08 Tips & Tricks. There is also a step-by-step example given for cutouts on "thin stock", but of course the same principle applies to any stock thickness.

ChrisAlb
12-01-2008, 09:05 AM
Hi Chris,

The "how-to" is in the Sept ' 08 Tips & Tricks.

Yep...LOL reading it now. So it's just that the board thickness setting now actually means something to the CW and therefore it now "knows" the thickness of the project board and will disregard the overall thickness with the sled.

COOL!!!

Digitalwoodshop
12-01-2008, 09:21 AM
Thats a Fact Jack....

AL

Jeff_Birt
12-01-2008, 09:28 AM
I cut some 0.200" birch plywood with the new 1/16" cutting bit this weekend. I set the 0.200" board thickness in Designer, let it cut in a single pass, put the plywood on a simple 1/4" carrier board and the machine did everything else.

The new procedure for cutting on a sled is much improved! The 1/16" cutting bit is pretty sweet too.