PDA

View Full Version : Anxious

robholliday
11-30-2008, 05:47 AM
I bought a carvewright at an auction. I read the manual for about a week or so to get familiar with the machine and software. I started using the software and went to upload to the carvewright cartridge and it said I needed the license. I got the serial number off of the carvewright and entered it in and it said the software was registered to someone else.

I have repeadtedly tried to contact carvewright on the phone and I have yet to get a person. They have a rediculous recording that says "One" and then they go through the spill about someone will be with you shortly. I have tried this on several occassions and no one ever answered and I waited over an hour on at least two occassions.

Has anyone out there had a problem like this? Is so, how did you resolve it? Thanks for your help. I am anxious to see this tool in action.

ChrisAlb
11-30-2008, 07:37 AM
I bought a carvewright at an auction. I read the manual for about a week or so to get familiar with the machine and software. I started using the software and went to upload to the carvewright cartridge and it said I needed the license.

Hi robholliday and welcome,

When you say you need the license when uploading to (I assume you mean the memory card), are you sure it's not asking for a "pattern" license?

What kind of auction did you buy this from? I don't know when you tried calling LHR but could it be due to the holiday maybe? I've never had a problem getting through to them. Sometimes it takes a time or two when they're really busy but I always get through.

Jeff_Birt
11-30-2008, 09:06 AM
Welcome to the forum. Please check CarveWrights hours of operation before trying to call, http://www.carvewright.com/cms/contact-us. They were closed for Thanksgiving Thursday and Friday (announced on main web page). Also, keep in mind they have real technicians answering the phone who really know the machine (not people who just read canned responses from a computer).

I suspect that you may have a slight wait involved in getting your software registered. I seem to recall someone posting a similar situation about a year ago and CW called the previous owner to verify the sale before transferring the license.