PDA

View Full Version : press enter to continue

zapper
11-27-2008, 10:03 AM
have a compucarve with less than 12 hours running time....problem.....keep getting error message to close cover ..... then press enter to continue....

cover swithchs are made up (have checked)....If I remove the drive cable from the cutter head and bit(once it stops and tells me to close cover) then hit enter it will run through program fine.....once the drive cable is connected back and enter is pressed it will start dropping down to material but as it touches i again get message to close cover.......

what would be happening with the cable hooked up as opposed to it bing disconnected.....???:rolleyes:

fwharris
11-27-2008, 10:38 AM
Zapper,

Check to see if the flex cable is touching or rubbing on the cover. With the power off and flex shaft hooked up, move the head to see if it touches any place on the cover. If so take a file to the area that it is rubbing on. A few carvers have reported the same issue.

It could also be just vibration causing the lid to move and loosing contact on the switches. There is a little bit of adjustment of moving the switches to make a better contact.

A little bit of dust in the switches could also be the problem..

zapper
11-27-2008, 12:02 PM
cable not touching.....if I remove the drive cable(inner cable) and leave the housing connected it will continue to run without problem.....I have jumpered the lid swithch also....

with the drive cable in the housing it will run until it starts to contact the wood then I get the close cover then press enter....

I cannot figure what is wrong unless it is a vibration in the drive cable!!!!
aint got a clue....

like you saying at the end of your message....as for myself I have a photographic memory however a lot of the stuff comes back out blurry and under-developed

ChrisAlb
11-27-2008, 01:36 PM
Do a sensor check and see how much you have to move the cover before it reads open. If you barely move the cover and the reading changes, it may be a bad or sticky switch.

You can also tap the cover to see if the reading changes at all due to vibration which it shouldn't.

This might help you determine if it's a bad connection on the wire(s) or a switch.