PDA

View Full Version : press enter to continue

zapper
11-27-2008, 09:59 AM
have a compucarve with less than 12 hours running time....problem.....keep getting error message to close cover ..... then press enter to continue....

cover swithchs are made up (have checked)....If I remove the drive cable from the cutter head and bit(once it stops and tells me to close cover) then hit enter it will run through program fine.....once the drive cable is connected back and enter is pressed it will start dropping down to material but as it touches i again get message to close cover.......

what would be happening with the cable hooked up as opposed to it bing disconnected.....???:rolleyes:

Dan-Woodman
11-27-2008, 10:05 AM
Hey Zapper
Check the cover switch nearest the keypad. You may have to loosen the screws a little and adjust it closer to the plunger on the cover. Vibration sometimes makes mine do that.
Also sawdust build up in the switch will do that. Welcome to the forum.
later Daniel

zapper
11-28-2008, 02:19 PM
have tried that....actually have swithch jumpered out......still happens

Jeff_Birt
11-28-2008, 02:35 PM
Look at the Z-truck. Do you see a small 1/4" wide ribbon cable that runs up from the Z-truck to bottom of a small circuit board? If so remove the cable from the circuit board and try again. The small cable is not longer used but can cause random sensor errors.

TerryT
11-28-2008, 04:54 PM
Look at the Z-truck. Do you see a small 1/4" wide ribbon cable that runs up from the Z-truck to bottom of a small circuit board? If so remove the cable from the circuit board and try again. The small cable is not longer used but can cause random sensor errors.

If at all possible, remove that cable completely. It WILL jam in the Z drive belt and cause a Z stall if left hanging loose. I know, it happened to me.

zapper
11-29-2008, 06:16 AM
have not tried that......can you describe exactly where to disconnect this cable. I had noticed it but could not tell where it was connected to on the head. looks like a rubber plug where it goes back thru the assembly to the circuit board on back side....

any infor on where to disconnect would be appreciated

thanks

zapper
12-01-2008, 07:06 PM
thanks for the info.....disconnected the cable and am back in business...

many thanks.....