PDA

View Full Version : Lowe's-6 items listed

Dan-Woodman
11-26-2008, 10:09 PM
Just looking at Lowe's website 6 items listed.
cw machine $1798.00
memory card
carving bit
card programmer
bit set $348.00- which is still $52.00 cheaper than cw after they raised the price to $399.00 Dec.5
scanning probe $298.00----They had it for $218.-- just a day or two ago but must have been a typo.
They also have free shipping to local stores and single address.
later Daniel

Wilbur
02-03-2009, 11:18 AM
Hello all. I am new to the board and have had my CW now for the 2nd week. I got it from Lowes, "had to order it" I paid 1798.00 less 20%. 10% from CW plus 10% from Lowes.
Everything is working good. There are some learning to do as for as creating patterns and doing difference things but over all it works good.
I have a bit sit on order along with the scanning probe. I got them from Amazon.
They sell everything you will need for the CW with free shipping. Northern tools does as well at the same price.
There are low and high prices out there so it pays to shop around.
There are also some good learning free movies out there as well.
By the way I am Wilbur Ginn in Greenwood SC and have cleaned out my shop from candle making for 15 yr and going back to wood working building cedar chest and swings. I am retired from power Comp.

Talk with you later

Wilbur

mtylerfl
02-03-2009, 11:25 AM
Hello Wilber,

You and I have already corresponded via CarveBuddy, but I want to Welcome You to the forum!

You'll love it here!

(just curious - are you related to a Butch Ginn from Darien/Eulonia, GA? - He and his wife visit folks in SC often and wondered if there was any connection.)

Wilbur
02-03-2009, 11:37 AM
Hello mtylerfl
Things are coming together. Happy to be on the board. Looks like I had cookie problems.
I don't know Butch Ginn but that does not mean we are not related. I have ran into Ginns here that I did not know, but after talking with them found we had the same Grand Fathers. My people are from Ga. and Texas So I would say it is a good chance we are.

Wilbur

Kenm810
02-03-2009, 11:44 AM
Hi Wilbur,

Welcome to the CW forum, If you have time, while reading all the info about your new machine,
take a few moments to learn how to use the forum (search option)
it will supply you with tons of answers for just about any questions you might have.

Ken Massingale
02-04-2009, 06:06 AM
Welcome Wilbur. I'm up the road in Anderson County.
Ken

Wilbur
02-04-2009, 08:30 AM
Thanks for the welcome. I am seeing things somewhat clearer along with my Wife. She is as much into this as I am. She does most of the PC portion.
We ordered the Bit set from Amazon then ordered the scanner probe.
Got conformation of the probe order and they have shipped two.
Don't know how that happened but know I want be able to get that straighten out until after it arrives.
We go to Anderson two or three times a yr.
I have found a sawmill here in Greenwood where I can get cedar, popular, oak, pine and walnut. Strange what you can find right in your neighborhood when you look around.
I do have to plain it to size but sure beets buying it from Lowes.
So far my CW is working good.
I am looking for some Masonic and Shriners patterns to work with.

Good talking with you all

Wilbur

MikeMcCoy
02-04-2009, 08:50 AM
Welcome Wilbur - I'm down the road in the other direction. :) Search for "masonic" turned up a few post for the Mason symbols

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=8983&highlight=masonic

Kenm810
02-04-2009, 08:56 AM
Probably the Sameones I saw http://forum.carvewright.com/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif

Wilbur
02-04-2009, 10:53 AM
Thanks. These are very nice.

Wilbur