PDA

View Full Version : software deactivated

pine acres woodshop
11-26-2008, 08:22 PM
I went to use my software when I got home from work and carvewright deactivated my software, it said my thirty day trail was up register now. It will not let me reregister. I've had this software activated for almost 2 years, and now they want to mess with me on a 4 day weekend, I'm at a loss. Any ideas? help please.
Mark

Jeff_Birt
11-26-2008, 08:38 PM
This has nothing to do with 'CW messing with you'. Something has changed on your computer that altered the ID number that the SW uses to calculate your ID number. If you have changed any hardware recently, or possibly updated a driver that messes with other things that could do it.

pine acres woodshop
11-26-2008, 08:59 PM
I have not done anything new to my computer. When I click register now, I get this message An invalid license was assigned by the registration server, please contact carvewright for a resolution of this issue. To me that sounds like something on their end, I guess I don't know, thought maybe someone else has had this happen. Thanks
Mark

mtylerfl
11-26-2008, 09:06 PM
Hi Mark,

I've not had any issue like that with the CarveWright software, but I have with other software that is copy-protected.

I installed an external back-up drive and when I tried to use my copy-protected software, I got a message similar to yours - a message saying I had to re-register or I was using an invalid copy or something along those lines.

Like Jeff said, this is most common after a hardware change (the addition or removal). Maybe you could try reverting to a restore point (Programs/Accessories/System Tools/System Restore) to a previous date when the software was working. I don't know if that would work or not, but it won't hurt to make the attempt.

pine acres woodshop
11-26-2008, 09:17 PM
I did that, but it didn't help, I get the same thing. When I go into my account on their software registration page all the codes and serial numbers are there, but where it says availability everything has a 0 by it. I guess I'll have to wait till monday to talk to someone. Thanks.
Mark

jcorder
11-26-2008, 09:19 PM
Here are the hours they have posted for the holiday:
You can get them on Saturday.

Good luck
Jeff

To our Carvewright Users:

Since we are growing closer to the holidays, we would like to take this time to post up our holiday schedule. Our offices will be closed during the following dates and times:

Thanksgiving Holiday

Tuesday, November 25, 2008 - The Call Center will be closed between 12-1 pm CST for our annual Thanksgiving luncheon.

Thursday, November 27, 2008 – Closed

Friday, November 28, 2008 – Closed

Saturday, November 29, 2008 – Hardware and Software support from 9am-6pm CST.

Starting Monday, December 1, 2008, we will be back to our normal business hours.

Christmas Holiday

Wednesday, December 24, 2008 - 9am-1pm

Thursday, December 25, 2008 – Closed

Friday, December 26, 2008 – Closed

Saturday, December 27, 2008 – Hardware and Software support from 9am-6pm CST

Monday, December 29, 2008 – Regular schedule

pine acres woodshop
11-26-2008, 09:26 PM
Thanks Jeff.

I had recieved that e-mail but I must have deleted it cause I couldn't find it. I'll give them a call on saturday. I feel better already, thanks
Mark

jcorder
11-26-2008, 09:28 PM
you are welcome, I hope they solve the problem quickly. I know carving a turkey just would not do it for me unless it was on wood!

pine acres woodshop
11-26-2008, 09:31 PM
Thats a big 10-4

TerryT
11-26-2008, 09:41 PM
I had the same thing happen. My computer did and auto update to the HP software. LHR had it fixed in about 5 minutes after I called.

Jeff_Birt
11-27-2008, 07:55 PM
My computer did and auto update to the HP software.

Arrgg, that does not surprise me too much. While I think HP makes a great computer for the money (I have three HP machine now), they really go over board with all the stuff they install on a PC. I spent about 1/2 hour yesterday removing all the extra 'value added' crap that came on my wife's new laptop.

A lot times simply updating a driver will cause your PC to report diffrent numbers to the computer that throws things off. Also, check to see that your computer is reporting the correct amount of memory, you could have a memory chip that failed. And, it always happens at the wost time...

pine acres woodshop
11-29-2008, 09:24 AM
One call does it all! Yep something changed the bios on my computer, don't know what but something did , anyway all better now. Thanks everyone.
Mark