PDA

View Full Version : Serial Number Run

icebite1
11-26-2008, 04:53 PM
Does anyone have the serial number sequence or run of these machines? I have been following this forum for over a year now and finally joined. I plan on buying a machine very soon but want to make sure i get a current/new updated one.

Mike Witt
11-26-2008, 08:49 PM
I just received my new Carvewright today ( Ordered it Saturday evening from Jason at Little Red Woodshop )
I'm told by Jason that it is the latest Generation 3 machine and the serial number is BX.---.---

If you are serious about this machine I would advise you to contact Jason befor taking the plunge

Good Luck
Mike

Dan-Woodman
11-26-2008, 09:32 PM
One nice thing about these machines is the serial # is built-in to the computer, so If it ever gets stolen, cw could shut it down or at least have the persons name and address who aquirerd it.
later Daniel

Rocky
11-27-2008, 06:20 AM
One nice thing about these machines is the serial # is built-in to the computer, so If it ever gets stolen, cw could shut it down or at least have the persons name and address who aquirerd it.
later Daniel

I'm curious, what do you mean by "shut it down"?

Happy Thanksgiving!

Dan-Woodman
11-27-2008, 09:11 AM
Well , they activated the software, I'm sure they can deactivate it. And they have all of our serial numbers,so that should help proving that is our machine. I guess what a person should do is write down the serial number and keep it in a safe place in case we ever need to identify it from stolen property impound.
later Daniel

icebite1
11-29-2008, 09:06 AM
Thanks to those who replied but still have no answer to my question. Should i try calling LHR?

mtylerfl
11-29-2008, 11:03 AM
Thanks to those who replied but still have no answer to my question. Should i try calling LHR?

Of course. (Although, I think Mike Witt already did answer your question above.)

jerrbitt
11-29-2008, 02:21 PM
Seems to me if you buy from LHR or The Red Workshop you are asured you are getting the latest machine.

Buying from EBay or Amazon you most likely are not. My serial number -- a Compucarve - has an A prefix and a couple of months after I purchased it last February, I had to send it back for repair. Not only did they repair it but made serveral upgrades to it, new Z pack if I recall correctly.

If you are buying from Ebay or Amazon, get the serail number and LHR could tell you I believe whether it received the upgrades.

Mike Witt
11-29-2008, 03:10 PM
If you order from Jason at the Little Red Woodshop your order will be promptly shipped directly from LHR, You will receive the latest model available and his support is terrific.
( Side Note ) If you are not in Illinois you will not pay sales tax and shipping is free.
Thats a deal thats hard to turn down, more than paid for my centerline add on, LOL

Mike

LittleRedWoodshop
11-29-2008, 11:59 PM
Just wanted to say Thank You to Mike and I'm glad that you were pleased with the prompt service. Call if you have any further questions.