PDA

View Full Version : Z axis problems again

temler
11-24-2008, 11:48 AM
Hi All

I have had my machine for 2 years now and only have 12 hours or so on the machine and only done 3 projects. I got my machine and then had two back surgeries and not able to use it. After the first project I had a lot of z stalls and other problems with the z axis. I called CW and the first Rep said it need the new Z upgrade to stop all the problems. Then the next day someone else called me and said no I didn't need that I should try using the machine more and keep it clean. So I did a small project, a sign, and it only stalled once, and then I had complication with my back and knee again and was put in the hospital and had two more surgeries and two knee surgeries finally last week I started feeling good enough to get in my shop again and did another project and guess what, you got it more problems with the z axis, stalls, errors, and other problems. This is the old Z bundle, and now that I have been ill for so long and not able to run my machine enough to find all the problems it is out of warranty. I was wondering how much you think it is going to cost me for all the parts to upgrade my machine. I should of waited to the new version of the machine but i had to have it then. I am going to buy another machine soon but I will not buy it through sears. Too much red tape to get it fixed.
I run a tool repair shop so I am able to fix anything so all I need is to know how much the parts to upgrade my machine will cost me. I really think they should give me the upgrade parts because I had the problems when it was under warranty and they knew there is a problem with the old Z bundle. BUT I still love my machine, I love the how it works, great programming, real different from G code. I think this is a one of a kind machine. I have built a couple router tables for some of my customer but I like this machine better.
Any ideas on why CW would not fix what they know is a problem.
O well. I have a couple school system that I do there repair on there tools that want to buy CW machines but they want me to do all there in house repair, I told them I would think about it. I need from the group here an idea of what all parts I should carry in inventory so I can give the school system very fast service. So if you can give me an idea of what parts i should carry I would greatly appreciate it.
Even with the Z problems I would still buy it again and will buy a couple more when I get back on my feet.

Thanks
Tim Emler

MikeMcCoy
11-24-2008, 11:54 AM
My recommendation would be to call LHR since they already have a program set up for schools and there usually is a recommended spares on hand listing for things like that.

Jeff_Birt
11-24-2008, 12:22 PM
The new 'Z-bundle' is only around $50. Quite a good deal in my book..

pine acres woodshop
11-24-2008, 06:10 PM
Yep $52.00 with shipping, and easy to replace. Good luck.
Mark

fwharris
11-24-2008, 06:40 PM
Hi All

I have had my machine for 2 years now and only have 12 hours or so on the machine and only done 3 projects. I got my machine and then had two back surgeries and not able to use it. After the first project I had a lot of z stalls and other problems with the z axis. I called CW and the first Rep said it need the new Z upgrade to stop all the problems. Then the next day someone else called me and said no I didn't need that I should try using the machine more and keep it clean. So I did a small project, a sign, and it only stalled once, and then I had complication with my back and knee again and was put in the hospital and had two more surgeries and two knee surgeries finally last week I started feeling good enough to get in my shop again and did another project and guess what, you got it more problems with the z axis, stalls, errors, and other problems. This is the old Z bundle, and now that I have been ill for so long and not able to run my machine enough to find all the problems it is out of warranty. I was wondering how much you think it is going to cost me for all the parts to upgrade my machine. I should of waited to the new version of the machine but i had to have it then. I am going to buy another machine soon but I will not buy it through sears. Too much red tape to get it fixed.
I run a tool repair shop so I am able to fix anything so all I need is to know how much the parts to upgrade my machine will cost me. I really think they should give me the upgrade parts because I had the problems when it was under warranty and they knew there is a problem with the old Z bundle. BUT I still love my machine, I love the how it works, great programming, real different from G code. I think this is a one of a kind machine. I have built a couple router tables for some of my customer but I like this machine better.
Any ideas on why CW would not fix what they know is a problem.
O well. I have a couple school system that I do there repair on there tools that want to buy CW machines but they want me to do all there in house repair, I told them I would think about it. I need from the group here an idea of what all parts I should carry in inventory so I can give the school system very fast service. So if you can give me an idea of what parts i should carry I would greatly appreciate it.
Even with the Z problems I would still buy it again and will buy a couple more when I get back on my feet.

Thanks
Tim Emler

Tim,

Glad to hear you are getting back on your feet. With that much time of being down and out I bet you are really wanting to get back to carving.

Here is a search link on spare parts that should give you a very good idea of what you should try to stock up on. (removed bad link).
Do a search for "spare parts list".

Like MikeMcCoy said, call LHR and read what they have posted on the main CW web site on the educational programs they support. I think they do offer the machine at a reduced rate and might even do the same thing on parts.

temler
11-25-2008, 08:42 AM
Thanks everyone for all the information.

I have a problem with the link below from FWHarris. I would love to get that parts list but I must be doing something wrong with the link. Can you please help me with this link.
I love being able to be in my shop again and working on tools again. I love fixing things but now I love making things with my CC machine. What a machine. Do you know if there is a wiring schematic out there anywhere? Also is there a list of all the error codes? Thanks for any information that you guys can give me on fixes and repairs on the CW machine. I just want to be prepared for when I get more of these machine in my shop to fix. I like getting peoples tools back within 48 hours if possible. That is why I like having parts on the shelf to fix them. In fact when I started with Paslode nailer, I bought one of each nailer just to have the parts on the shelf, because in the beginning paslode had problem with stocking you with repair parts, but now I know what I need and keep a few of each part in stock. I can't do that with CW yet, I have been of work to long to put that much money on the shelf when I only need a couple dozen parts.
Thanks FW and everyone else.

Thanks for all the help.
Tim

O one other thing for FWHarris right now my film develops slowly because of my pain pills. :-? But thank you for all the info and thanks for giving me the link again.

Tim,

Glad to hear you are getting back on your feet. With that much time of being down and out I bet you are really wanting to get back to carving.

Here is a search link on spare parts that should give you a very good idea of what you should try to stock up on.
http://forum.carvewright.com/search.php?searchid=445737

Like MikeMcCoy said, call LHR and read what they have posted on the main CW web site on the educational programs they support. I think they do offer the machine at a reduced rate and might even do the same thing on parts.

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film

using 1.131 and liking it

fwharris
11-25-2008, 09:37 AM
Tim,

Always willing to help where I can.

What kind of problem are you having with the link? Will it not open for you when you click on it?

Edit update: well I see what you are seeing. Funny, after I typed it in last night I tried the link and it worked. In the search link type in with quotes "spare parts list". That should take you to where I was trying to direct you to.