PDA

View Full Version : Carvaholics.com

LittleRedWoodshop
11-22-2008, 11:01 PM
Check it out ... just something to play around with. If anyone has any ideas for the page let me know. www.Carvaholics.com (http://carvaholics.com/2001.html). One thing that I would like to add to the homepage is the definition of what a "Carvaholic" is ..... any help would be great.

JVallario
11-23-2008, 08:26 AM
I like it! Have to put a t-shirt on my Christmas list.

Digitalwoodshop
11-23-2008, 11:02 AM
Great idea !!!!!

AL

supershingler
11-23-2008, 11:40 AM
carvaholic: a person that when sleeping dreams in 3d, vector,rastor and centerline

fwharris
11-23-2008, 01:41 PM
Neat idea!

Carvaholic:

Boots up the computer before making the first pot of coffee.

Does not mind saw dust in his coffee, it does add fiber to your diet!

roughcut
11-23-2008, 02:16 PM
You just might be a Carvaholic iif you start a Carvaholics.com
Great Idea:)

eromran
11-23-2008, 05:20 PM
There is a lot of helpful information out there. For me, I don't classify myself as an "Carvaoholic" or buy into the addiction model. I do accept that I have a problem but knowing that helps me to change my behaviour and work at changing my life. I have always carved to much and my dad did before me i do not see this as a problem only a way to wind down. I have blacked out a couple of times but it really was no big deal the saw dust just got to much. I guess i would classify myself as a social carver we get together just to share a couple of carves and we try to keep it on the weekends. We were trying to keep it out of the house away from the children but its becoming harder and harder to do that now that its getting cold. My wood of choice is probally just straight Pine since it so readily available and cheaper. I do admit i sometimes loose track of how much i buy. My neighbors want me to quit but i think i could just cut back. Am i in denial or could it really be true i have a problem. I would appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance

supershingler
11-23-2008, 05:26 PM
eronman

looks like you have all the classic symptons of being a carvaholic.
the next step it to admit you addiction and learn to live with it.
hopefully it wont take a big toll on the family.

carvaholic
a person that gave up drinking to spend more time around his machine

good luck

kendall

brady.schwyhart
11-23-2008, 07:34 PM
I originally posted this in another thread, but I reckon it belongs here too.

YOU MIGHT BE A CARVAHOLIC

If you like sawdust instead of pepper on your scrambled eggs

If you have a truck that doesn't run, and three machines that do
If your air compressor hasn't aired up a tire in 5 years
If someone mentions they have a bad stain and you ask them what kind of brush they used to apply it with

LittleRedWoodshop
11-23-2008, 07:53 PM
Page has gotten some updates......

jcorder
11-23-2008, 08:35 PM
you might be a carvaholic if your machine now proudly resides where your car used to!

brady.schwyhart
11-24-2008, 05:39 PM
If you ask your significant other to use 3 and One oil as cologne/perfume

If someone says "get the mop" and you grab a sanding tool

If your favorite jeans have more stain on them than your last project

If you've ever been caught with a can of oil in one hand, a toothbrush in the other and a sandwich clamped in your mouth

more later when I can come up with them
Brady

supershingler
11-25-2008, 06:28 PM
if you have to read the forum before the morning paper

if you know how to use the search feature in the forum

kendall

Kenm810
11-25-2008, 06:38 PM
If you don't look up form your paper when you hear a loud noise,
you look up from your paper when the loud noise stops! http://forum.carvewright.com/images/smilies/icon_eek.gif

pine acres woodshop
11-25-2008, 06:40 PM
Ha! Ha! Ha! You guys are crazy.
Mark

Reset
11-25-2008, 06:44 PM
...if you tell yourself, and everyone around you...you can stop carving at any time. :)

Tommy :)

jcorder
11-25-2008, 06:48 PM
You might be a carvaholic if your wife dresses in her new nighty, strolls over and runs her fingers through your hair and says "it's time for bed honey" and you look up and smile and say "Give me just a few more minutes, Jeff Birt just posted a really interesting answer on this thread!"

pine acres woodshop
11-25-2008, 07:03 PM
You might be a carvaholic if , oh wait the machine stoped I'll be back

pine acres woodshop
11-25-2008, 07:12 PM
Sorry about that. Lets see where was I, oh yea, you might be a carveaholic if, oh wait, now my other machine stoped . I'll be back.

Paul Brown
11-25-2008, 07:36 PM
if you get excited hearing of a new hurricane developing in the gulf, anticipating having a lot of extra wood near you soon.

pine acres woodshop
11-25-2008, 08:30 PM
a true carvaholic

Tom75
11-25-2008, 08:41 PM
thats funny . i would be that guy

supershingler
11-25-2008, 11:00 PM
if your house starts on fire and the first thing you grab is your carver

if you sell your harley to make room in your garage

LittleRedWoodshop
11-25-2008, 11:34 PM
you're moving and the first thing you move is your Carver.

you pick a house based on shop space.

HelpBot3000
11-26-2008, 09:20 AM
if you get excited hearing of a new hurricane developing in the gulf, anticipating having a lot of extra wood near you soon.

BOO!!! No more hurricanes in the gulf! The shop narrowly dodged the bullet last time. No need to test fate again. Besides gas prices are starting to look halfway reasonable again, gulf hurricanes have a nasty habit of messing that up.

ChrisAlb
11-26-2008, 09:40 AM
if your house starts on fire and the first thing you grab is your carver

if you sell your harley to make room in your garage

HEY NOW!!! That's just sacrilege!!! LOL

But you might be a carvaholic when you pass up many sunny days of riding because you have just ONE MORE carve to do...http://forum.carvewright.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

LittleRedWoodshop
11-26-2008, 11:15 AM
I plan on carving tomorrow and my wife keeps threatening to do bad things to my machine (said something about it being a holiday). Might have to sit up tonight and guard the shop door.

LittleRedWoodshop
11-26-2008, 11:21 AM
I can quit....

atauer
11-26-2008, 11:25 AM
you take your machine with you on vacation.

Chrisalb,

When you coming to visit???

HelpBot3000
Heh heh, I can hear it now. "Just one more carve. After that I'll come eat turkey, I promise... ok well after this carve and the next one. Oh and I have to finish the carve I started earlier. Actually, do you REALLY need me in there?" That's when you have to watch for stray frying pans flying at you at subsonic speeds! :D

ChrisAlb
I plan on carving tomorrow and my wife keeps threatening to do bad things to my machine (said something about it being a holiday). Might have to sit up tonight and guard the shop door.

I plan on carving tomorrow as well Jason....the TURKEY!! Wouldn't even take a chance with my machine and my wife...http://forum.carvewright.com/images/icons/icon11.gif

ChrisAlb
11-26-2008, 11:29 AM
you take your machine with you on vacation.

Chrisalb,

When you coming to visit???

LOL...I'll come visit Alex but my machine stays here.

Perhaps we might suggest to Joe that he start a Rent-A-CW program. Should be plenty of them there in Texas.

HelpBot3000
11-26-2008, 01:22 PM
ChrisAlb, you're coming our way?!? Cool!!! I don't have a Harley but my daughter's name is Harley. I hope that means we can still hang out when you get here. :)

kidblue
11-26-2008, 02:18 PM
When you look at the neighbors tree and think someday soon

badger
11-26-2008, 02:23 PM
You try the 12 step process of recovering only to realize, Hey those steps would look better with some carvings on them.

Digitalwoodshop
11-26-2008, 02:39 PM
Just in time for the Holidays.... T-Shirts.... The OFFICIAL version.....

AL

GrammaPam
11-26-2008, 05:30 PM
I knew I had a problem when I had to send my machine to Texas for repairs. I couldn't stand to be without it for 5 weeks so I bought a second one. That was also when I realized how much my husband really loves and understands me.
The rest of these are probally meant to be funny, I'm serious,
G.P.

LittleRedWoodshop
11-26-2008, 05:56 PM
There is an official Carveholic T-Shirt. I think I have to have one.

roughcut
11-26-2008, 07:06 PM
If when you are asked to carve a turkey You run to the computer to see if you have a pattern

supershingler
11-26-2008, 10:12 PM
these are all great

i was going to carve a plaque with all these on but it looks like maybe i need to look into getting a book done instead lol

keep them coming

kendall

ChrisAlb
11-27-2008, 07:13 AM
ChrisAlb, you're coming our way?!? Cool!!! I don't have a Harley but my daughter's name is Harley. I hope that means we can still hang out when you get here. :)

Hey HB,

Sorry I missed this one. While I don't have any "definite" plans to visit Texas, I sure would like to. I think it would be a BLAST to meet as many of the folks behind the CW as possible.

My wife and I are going to Acapulco in March. Part business, part pleasure. We were also offered a great deal by Hilton for a 3 day stay somewhere. Originally it was for Las Vegas but I think we can pick other destinations. So, you never know.

You don't need a bike to hang out with me...LOL. But, if I do come to Texas, I might just have to look into our HOG "Fly & Ride" program. Perhaps I could give Harley, a ride on a Harley. If she's old enough of course...LOL

LittleRedWoodshop
11-28-2008, 12:08 PM
Been working on some shirts and stuff. Hope you guys like 'em.