PDA

View Full Version : Pattern Editor software

Tomahawk 26
11-19-2008, 07:54 PM
I purchased the Scanning Probe BECAUSE in the FAQ and Aug 08 newletter and other places on the site it says that the Pattern Editor software is included with the probe. NOT FOR ME!!! I received my probe today but the software included was just another copy of the designer software. Am I being stiffed?? I have sent e-mails to every department and to another user. My frustration just won't let me wait until tomorrow or the next day for anyone in the company to respond to me:confused::confused:

CraigBrownDesigns
11-19-2008, 08:06 PM
It's been awhile since I loaded up the software, but I'm pretty sure all you need to do is enter the code from the paperwork that came with the probe. Everything is already loaded for the probe when you initially set up the CarveWright software. I remember that I also called the Help Desk when the disk with my probe look identical to the one with the machine. I thought they sent the same disk's by mistake, but they told me it's the code on the paperwork and not the disk that starts things up for the probe software.

mtylerfl
11-19-2008, 08:08 PM
I purchased the Scanning Probe BECAUSE in the FAQ and Aug 08 newletter and other places on the site it says that the Pattern Editor software is included with the probe. NOT FOR ME!!! I received my probe today but the software included was just another copy of the designer software. Am I being stiffed?? I have sent e-mails to every department and to another user. My frustration just won't let me wait until tomorrow or the next day for anyone in the company to respond to me:confused::confused:

Hello,

The Pattern Editor is already on your computer - it's part of the Designer software - but hidden from you until you register the probe. Once the probe is registered, the Pattern Editor will automatically come up when you need to edit a pattern you created or whenever you upload a scan from your memory card.

No worries!

CraigBrownDesigns
11-19-2008, 08:15 PM
If you look on the disk envelope you'll see the header "CarveWright Scanning Probe". There's directions and a code in bold letters/numbers at the bottom of the sicker. Make sure you're on-line and when you activate your license it'll communicate with CarveWright and unlock that portion of your software.
Good Luck!

Jeff_Birt
11-19-2008, 08:54 PM
Welcome to the forum. As others have said you just need to register the probe to activate the software. The CD is just provided to encourage you to update to the latest version of the software. While the CD does contain a PDF that describes how to register the Designer software itself it fails to mention the process of adding in an accessory.

Also, please to not post the same message all over the forum.

CABINET MAN
11-20-2008, 12:19 AM
Is There A Manual For The Pattern Editor? If It Is On Line How Do I Find It?

Amonaug
11-20-2008, 01:28 PM
Is There A Manual For The Pattern Editor? If It Is On Line How Do I Find It?

Issues 10 & 11 go over the pattern editor

http://www.carvewright.com/cms/tips-and-tricks

luckettg
11-20-2008, 06:23 PM
I got my CW with a probe last Christmas but did not install the software until a couple of days ago. It was easy, just going to the Help tab, then the Manage Licenses tab, then to Activate License tab, at which point I entered the license from on the back of the CD case that was with the probe. It failed to install due to my typo, which was quickly corrected and it was off to the races. I have started playing with that software but do not know how to really use it yet. My thanks to all of you for chatting about it on multiple posting threads.:)