PDA

View Full Version : Need Help To Activate Subscription

supershingler
11-19-2008, 06:24 PM
i could really use some help to get my subscription activated

i guess im just old and dumb when it comes to this stuff

so if someone can help me get through the first and second instructions i might be able to get the rest

1. open in your web browser

2. log in using your registration account username and password

ok question
what am i suppose to open to get to the spot in to sign in?

is it in the designer or here on the forum

im totally confused

thanks in advance

kendall

Tom75
11-19-2008, 06:37 PM
i dont have a subscrition to the projects but you might have to do the same thing like when you buy a patter from the depo . when you buy a pattern they email you tha serrial number and you should be able to click on a link from that e-mail then you enter the serrial number they sent to you by e-mail and the user name and password you use for the cw store . if the subcriptions are the same as when you buy a pattern that is howe to acctavate it i beleave . check e-mail for serrial number , click link , enter serrial number , typ user name that you use for the pattern store -cwstore , enter pass world . i hope this helps . let me know howe you make out . have a good night .
Tom

supershingler
11-19-2008, 06:58 PM
There Is No Link In My Email That I Got With My Subscription Numbers On It

Kendall

mtylerfl
11-19-2008, 08:15 PM
Hi Kendall,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble.

Try clicking on "Help/Manage Licenses" in the main menu bar of Designer or "Help/Web Account Login" to see if either one takes you into the area you need to activate the license.

Failing that, you might want to give CarveWright Tech Support a call - I'm sure they'll be able to help you.

I'll try to include the steps for activation procedures in the Part 2 Nov '08 Tips & Tricks issue. I just need to get the details from LHR/CarveWright to be sure I get the steps lined up correctly for both the Pattern Activation and Project Activation procedures, as I believe they are a little different for each.

CraigBrownDesigns
11-19-2008, 08:24 PM
Manage License is located under "Help" on the Designer Software. You'll see it near the bottom of the list. Just click and go from there.
This is also where you'll unlock any purchased patterns off of the web site before you'll be able to carve them off your card. When you purchase any patterns off the CarveWright website they'll email you a serial number for authorization on that particular pattern use. Knowing how to Manage Licenses will be very useful.

CraigBrownDesigns
11-19-2008, 08:42 PM
Well Tom it's looks like I repeated exactly what you'd said. I didn't read all of the posts. I think I'll go back in the shop and finish putting the new QC I got in the mail today then call it a night.

Tom75
11-20-2008, 07:49 AM
thats all right . over tha past few weeks i have been getting to know the cc/cw inside and out . the qc is a real bear to get off:)

DesertSkies
11-20-2008, 12:41 PM
I kept entering my number and noting would happen. I finally realized that the letter O I was entering was the number 0. Worked like a charm after all my hair pulling!
:oops:

Dan

atauer
11-20-2008, 12:54 PM
Kendall,

Follow these instructions. They are clearer than what you received.

1. Open your internet browser and go to www.carvewright.com/register

2. Type in your username and password to access your Carvewright Customer Account.

3. When your account comes up, there is a box asking for the subscription serial number. It is on the right-hand side of your screen. Type in the number and it will be added to our database.

4. You will then receive another email with the project for that current month. It could take up to 24 hours for you to receive this, depending on network traffic, server traffic, etc.

If you have any further questions, simply contact our software team at software@carvewright.com.

supershingler
11-20-2008, 05:27 PM
Thank You Alex

I Think I Finally Got The Info I Needed From You

Looks Like I Might Be Albe To Do The Sleigh Tonight

The Email I Got From Lhr Did Not Have The Complete Instructions To Get Logged On. Once I Found The Sight I Had To Go To (thanks To You) I Got It Done

Kendall

atauer
11-20-2008, 05:37 PM
Kendall,

I'll get with whoever wrote the instructions for the emails and make sure that they get updated if possible.

supershingler
11-20-2008, 05:46 PM
man i feel really dumb

i went in an activated my license and picked the festive sleigh pattern and got an e mail from llhr but it is for the outhouse project. how do i get the sleigh pattern?

kendall

atauer
11-20-2008, 05:51 PM
Kendall,

Look again. I just had them resend the link.

supershingler
11-20-2008, 06:13 PM
thanks again alex

got everything downloaded so it is off to the carver for alittle bit of noise but it looks like it will be worth it in the end

thanks again

kendall