PDA

View Full Version : Card reader/writer stopped working.

lensmen2
11-19-2008, 09:38 AM
I haven't used my machine in a while but when I made a project and went to up-load to the memory card, well, for one thing, my computer does not see the USB card reader. It 'says' it's there, but it is not.

I plugged the reader into a second computer and got the same results. The computer says - Found new drive and all that stuff and then says item is ready to be used, but it ain't there.

It is not seen as a device when I open up My Computer or thru Windows Explorer. I tried on a 3rd computer here in the house and got the same thing, found when the USB cord was plugged in, but NOT seen at all by the computer.

All three computers are using Windows XP Pro, and 2 of the computers (a desk top and a lap top) have the CarveWright software installed, one is using todays current version and the other is the last version.

Any ideas..??

Bob - Tucson

Digitalwoodshop
11-19-2008, 10:03 AM
Call LHR.

Bad reader most likely. They do fail.

AL

Jeff_Birt
11-19-2008, 10:14 AM
The card reader will not show up as a drive on your system. You need to open Designer, put your memory card in the reader and then click on File->Flash manager to see if all is well.

lensmen2
11-19-2008, 12:03 PM
Jeff, your right in the accessing of my card reader from with-in the program its self, however I could have sworn I have seen it in - My Computer - and in - Windows Explorer.

Maybe I need a long ride on my Harley or something, but I go to do what I normally did before when using my carve machine and now things seem - different....

Oh well, I will just learn it all over again and be happy..

Thanks..

Bob

pine acres woodshop
11-19-2008, 06:23 PM
I would go on that harley ride with you, but, I have a foot of snow on the ground, not good for a harley ride.
Mark