PDA

View Full Version : What is this??

LollyWood
11-17-2008, 09:25 PM
I've read and reread every manual I have. I've search every parts thread I can think of. Now it's time to ask the gurus. What is this dial/switch for??
Location: keyboard side front (roller lock lever) I see it all the time but don't dare touch it. My gizmo might self distruct or activate the AI chip. (This thing is already smarter the I am ;)) anyone, anyone..Bueller. anyone?

Digitalwoodshop
11-17-2008, 10:17 PM
I believe it is a Belt Tracking adjustment.

AL

FiddlemakerMills
11-18-2008, 09:27 AM
Part number 96 - Strong back adjustment screw page 6 of the parts manual.

I have never had to adjust this.

Used to adjust the tension of the board tracking encoder part #108

Digitalwoodshop
11-18-2008, 10:21 AM
Oooooo WRONG Answer Digitalwoodshop...... Do you need a Shout Out or a Life Line?.....

Snicker.....

Good Job finding the correct answer.

AL

FiddlemakerMills
11-18-2008, 11:22 AM
Thanks Al

Coming from you I take that as an attaboy. Unfortionaly 1 mistake negates 10,000 attaboy's.

Digitalwoodshop
11-18-2008, 12:45 PM
Thanks Al

Coming from you I take that as an attaboy. Unfortunately 1 mistake negates 10,000 attaboy's.

Yes my Attaboy counter has been reset to ZERO... Bummer....

:) AL

My biggest Reset was because I had thought that the X Drive was a 115 Volt AC drive.... Seeing the Switch Q1 Transistor on the X Termination Board thinking it was for the X drive Motor..... It is really to turn on or off the Cut Motor..... Big Ooooooooooooooooooooooop's

The X Drive is the same as the Y or Z but with Gears to help the torque required.

Kenm810
11-18-2008, 01:25 PM
Hey Al, never fear, When ever one of us neophytes has a Opp's moment
You're the the carver we often run to.
In my book you'll always be the one Opp's Guy!
dah -- Wait a minute ---- ah -- that don't sound right?? http://forum.carvewright.com/images/smilies/icon_confused.gif

Digitalwoodshop
11-18-2008, 03:41 PM
I have never had the Keypad side panel off any of my machines so that area is still some of a mystery. I remember last summer I had a Load Bit error when the bit did it's duck down into the Brass Roller area.... Twice.... I blew it out with air and away it went with no problems... Then I thought, "Is there a hidden sensor down there?...." Never looked into it.... Thought it might have been a Z belt sawdust problem.... Never got back to it.

Making some Signs to dress up my 220 Fire Tag delivery display, machine just finished.

AL

Dan-Woodman
11-18-2008, 06:20 PM
I had my keypad side off for the first time the other day, and wolaa found a pinched wire going to the right side roller. It was pinched under a pivet point on the head locking mechanizim.
later Daniel