PDA

View Full Version : Z axis Stall - error 248

poisdoux
11-17-2008, 07:15 PM
Posted about axis problems after machine sat for a year. Had Y axis stall, it was cutting off the board.
Cleaned it real good, updated software.
Now it throws a Z axis Stall and won't do anything else.
It's a Compucarve, what can I do? It only has 39 hours but we've had it 2 years.
Please help!!!

Thanks so much,
Peggy

Jeff_Birt
11-17-2008, 09:16 PM
I would suggest giving the technicians at CarveWright a call. They can talk you through several checks and give you an idea of what to do.

Digitalwoodshop
11-17-2008, 10:21 PM
If it does not have the upgraded new Z Bundle than that could be the key to your Z problems.

Plus Clean the machine well, especially keep the dust out of the belt cogs.

And like Jeff said, call LHR.

Being out of warranty it could be an expensive trip to Texas.

Good Luck,

AL

poisdoux
11-18-2008, 12:04 PM
Thanks for the replies, AL, would the Z Bundle upgrade be a popup that goes to the card when uploading a project to it? If not, where do I get the upgrade.
I upgraded the software and was prompted to "install" - (I think) other upgrades?
I REALLY appreciate ANY help!

Digitalwoodshop
11-18-2008, 12:41 PM
Here is a picture of the old and new Z Bundle. It is a new Z Motor a flat Z Cable with thicker wires and a new circuit board that the other end of the new cable fits into.

You then don't use the small flat cable from the Z head with the probe data and need a jumper from LHR to connect the probe on the side of the cover.

When you install the new Z Bundle the wiring changes make the unit come in "Scan Area" mode and you need to go into setup mode and change the Probe data from Spindle to cover to get running again.

Good Luck.

Call LHR.

AL

Feel the length of the fins on the Z Motor to know what Z you have without removing the cover.